Re: Quarter Final Discussion!!

Postby GJ

4-2

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:4-1 to Maguire. Good performance, no complaints from me. Carter v Maguire isn't the semi I would've chosen but when good snooker is being played you can't complain. It should be a close one with the winner of O'Sullivan v Higgins taking the title.

you serious ??????????????

no complaints?? Williams of old would have jumped on the opportunities and you got no complaints <doh>

We obviously read the game differently. Had Williams got the first chance in the opening frame then I'm pretty sure he'd have kicked on but Maguire has put him under pressure which is credit to him.

no i dont think we do read the game different.

mark williams made his reputation on beating players that played well by not fluffing chances he had....that shows he is nowhere near ready to win again because tonight he wilted under pressure....

i got excited with mark yesterday playing like he did but it shows he has to have help from his opponents these days.....i got my hopes dashed tonight.

wild of course we see the game differently. A best of 9 is a sprint, you go 3-1 down at the interval and you're under the cosh especially when Maguire is making frame winning breaks. OK he missed a couple but the reason Maguire won is because he forced the safety errors and was sinking the long ones when he got a chance.

If it was a best of 19 frame match then I'm certain it wouldn't have got to 5-1 but that's the pressure of the best of 9 and shows why you need to get off to a good start. Maguire played solid hard match snooker, he looked up for it, he showed the maximum of respect to Williams because he knows how dangerous he can be. Mark didn't get going. It's all very well saying he should have potted this shot or that shot, but when you've been kept in your chair and you haven't got going then it's very difficult to play yourself in. It was just one of those days but Williams knows it's onto the next tournament and don't look back.

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:4-2

if day wins the next captain Carter would be on course for a crash landing <laugh>

Postby Wildey

mate 5-1 come on ...maguire was never ever ever a 5-1 winner tonight and yet he won 5-1.

Williams had good chances in 3 frames he lost yesterday against a journeyman he took.

Postby GJ

come on day beat this top 3 wannabe <laugh> <cool>

Postby Lucky

With Williams sudden resurgence.....has he caught up with standards...or have standards fell back to him?

Postby GJ

excellent_rocketron wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:come on day beat this top 3 wannabe <laugh> <cool>

you take this ranking seriously

if it helps robbos status in the game then yes <cool>

Postby Wildey

Lucky balls wrote:With Williams sudden resurgence.....has he caught up with standards...or have standards fell back to him?

he has caught up

not on tonight he hasn't.

Postby Roland

I assume that's a pisstake out of Steve Davis?

The answer is obvious - he's found his game again through practice and more practice. He clearly thought he could ease off when he was holding all 4 BBC titles and probably lost the desire. Thankfully he's realised his days are numbered and he's still got the talent to win tournaments so it's forced him to knuckle down again. He's still got a good 5 years at the top and I wouldn't put it past him to win a 3rd world title, but being in the same quarter as Selby and O'Sullivan won't help his chances this year.

Postby GJ

littlebylittle wrote:does anyone fancy carter to win the title again?

no chance

Postby GJ

hard luck day

Postby Lucky

GJ....I know this maybe a little late....are you really in Northern Ireland?

Postby GJ

Lucky balls wrote:GJ....I know this maybe a little late....are you really in Northern Ireland?

i moved over a few years back mate

i get back to oz when i can

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Lucky balls wrote:GJ....I know this maybe a little late....are you really in Northern Ireland?

do you follow the yellow brick road <laugh>

Postby Lucky

I obviously knew you were in the UK, but imagined you were at uni/college somewhere like Birmingham/Manchester....never would of guessed you wwere in NI <ok>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

do you follow the yellow brick road <laugh>

rofl

Postby Wildey

Friday 29 January 2010

Results

Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-2 Mark Allen
Mark Selby 2-5 John Higgins
Ali Carter 5-2 Ryan Day
Stephen Maguire 5-1 Mark Williams

Postby GJ

Lucky balls wrote:I obviously knew you were in the UK, but imagined you were at uni/college somewhere like Birmingham/Manchester....never would of guessed you wwere in NI <ok>

i was at university at belfast

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:What part of Australia?

melbourne

Postby GJ

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:What part of Australia?

melbourne

we have reletives in colac and cobdon just outside melbourne