Topic locked

Re: Final Discussion!!

Postby Bourne

onlyevertonjon wrote:Carter is having no run at the moment.

He is showing me something even if it is in a losing cause tonight. He could have done nothing about the first four frames this afternoon and thats the difference.

Finally someone looking at this with a bit of sense. <ok>

Postby GJ

higgins :ahh:

carter <laugh>

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:higgins :ahh:

carter <laugh>

Errrr, 5-2 :hmm:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:

carter <laugh>

13-8

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

carter <laugh>

13-8

5-2

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

carter <laugh>

13-8

5-2

13-8

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Bourne wrote:

He is showing me something even if it is in a losing cause tonight. He could have done nothing about the first four frames this afternoon and thats the difference.

And there's the train of thought that he's lucky he's not in the same half of the draw as Higgins and O Sullivan as he wouldn't have made the final in the first place

Postby Bourne

Finally a slice of luck for everyone's favourite raccoon !

Postby onlyevertonjon

Bourne wrote:

I take it back but he was due a bit ;)

Postby Bourne

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:
Bourne wrote:

And there's the train of thought that he's lucky he's not in the same half of the draw as Higgins and O Sullivan as he wouldn't have made the final in the first place

Not really, he won the torunament last year, Higgins is world champ, it was 50/50 where Ronnie went.

Postby GJ

higgins :ahh:

Postby Bourne

The Boss wrote:No Welsh player in the final this year, but the crowd will be satisfied with what they've seen this evening <cool>

King vs Drago would have been the final everyone wanted :coffee:

Postby onlyevertonjon

StalinESQ wrote:just too much luck for Higgo <ok>

he has been superb the last 18 months, (Masters aside) but the older I get the more I believe the adage you make your own luck. Higgins has been very positive for the last 12 months but I do think he has enjoyed good fortune along the way. As talented as people are, a little luck always helps.

Postby onlyevertonjon

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:Higgins has made his own luck

Thats what I think. Its like Man United in a way people say they are lucky but if you keep on trying with all that talent its going to create some luck. Snooker is slightly different but the balls seem to run for you when you plays correct shots so to speak.

Postby Roland

What's the score now?

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:What's the score now?

8-4 higgins

Postby Bourne

One frame at a time Ali, one frame at a time ... I believe.

Postby Roland

Higgins makes his own luck. It's all very well saying he gets lucky, but if you pot the balls then you're always going to get the next shot and if things don't work for you, you play safe but if they do you keep potting them. So any fortunate kisses along the way that seem to suggest he's being lucky is a misinterpretation, you make your own luck.

Postby Bourne

The Boss wrote:With Griffiths still in the studio, The Captain will be giving himself the team talk during the interval <ok>

Got a chance to speak to him now while we watch Dale hit some f*cking golf balls.