Post a reply

Re: Hannah Jones

Postby markj147

Sonny wrote:http://www.snookerisland.com/blog/interview-with-hannah-jones/

:santa:

After all of the interviews that she has done on radio and tv she said this one made her the most nervous....:)

Postby Roland

It must have been my intense grilling technique!

Seriously? Was this before or after?

Postby markj147

She told me afterwards when I asked her about the Steve Davis answer...lol

Postby Roland

Updated. Were you nervous when I interviewed you? :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

I was 5 years old and I hated shopping,

wow a shopping hating girl ......has that changed with age ? ;-)

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:

I also hate shopping... and it hasn't changed with age.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

I also hate shopping... and it hasn't changed with age.

<laugh> <laugh>

RC: Do you think she should have been given a second wildcard because she’s only just getting used to the playing conditions and level of opponent now?

HJ: Hmmm… no! You would be more proud of yourself if you worked hard and got a place on merit.

RC: Good answer!

great answer indeed <ok>

Postby markj147

Sonny wrote:Updated. Were you nervous when I interviewed you? :chuckle:

a little bit as it was my first interview. I don't stop waffling when I'm nervous.;)

Postby Wildey

God im Loving these interviews with players that we dont see much being interviewed or know much about them.

thats another i enjoyed and if a good attitude is a bench mark for success then Hannah as a 14 not 15 year old has it in spades.

Postby Roland

What impressed me was her desire to keep practicing and improving and she genuinely loves the game. Reminds me of what girls were like at school!

Postby markj147

Wild wrote:
RC: Do you think she should have been given a second wildcard because she’s only just getting used to the playing conditions and level of opponent now?

HJ: Hmmm… no! You would be more proud of yourself if you worked hard and got a place on merit.

RC: Good answer!

great answer indeed <ok>

She still hates shopping and I was very proud of her answer. Think it impressed Sonny at the time she said it. His eyebrows arched and he even smiled...:)

Postby Roland

Definitely. I expected the line about her deserving a second chance because it's what a lot of people think.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Definitely. I expected the line about her deserving a second chance because it's what a lot of people think.

what impressed me was it was a question asked to a young girl about not anyone but her friend someone she looked up to and without thinking twice she said NO.

Postby Roland

Interview with dad is a good one. It's ready to go but I'm pacing. Probably leave it till the weekend.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Interview with dad is a good one. It's ready to go but I'm pacing. Probably leave it till the weekend.

yes don't want dad coming along to soon steal the spot light ;-) <laugh>

Postby Matt_2745

Is this I where I burst in with my exclusivish photo of said interview with dad?

Postby snooky147

A good interview from a young girl who seems to have her head screwed on the right way :hatoff: which in these days is somewhat of a miracle, so I say the following with the greatest respect and admiration for her tenacity so far. If you have the ability and you want to be the very best that you can be, well you have to WANT it, to the exclusion of everything else. There will be plenty of time to take your foot off the pedal when you get there. Historically, this is harder to do for girls rather than boys. They are dumped with the extra pressure that she should be off doing "girly" stuff or god forbid even starting dating (hides from dads wrath :chuckle: ) but if she truly wants it she has to ignore all that and knuckle down. Practise with someone who is far better than you and learn, while you pick the balls out of the pockets. Don't let the losses, and there will be many shake the belief that you can improve and eventually your level will raise. I see no reason that a woman cant compete at a decent level on the pro tour. I wish you well Hannah.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
All views expressed are my own and not that of any player.

Postby Wildey

Stephen Hendry met his wife when he was 13 in pontins but they split up because his only priority was snooker and be the very best he could be thats the sacrifice he did as a teenager eventually they got back together and 30 years later still together.

Postby Roland

Thanks wild

:zzz:

Postby markj147

Trust me when I say that Papa Jones is keeping a keen eye and it is a long distance relationship as he lives in Liverpool. :) so mainly phone with the odd visit.

Also Snooker147 - great post. She is practicing with an ex pro at the moment - only once a week but it is invaluable and so everyone knows Hannah asked for it. She said to me that she doesnt want to play easy games she wants to get beaten in order to learn. So though opportunity we ended up getting Hannah to play this chap. She does come up with some freaky comments. Unfortunately there are pre-conceived ideas about girls and relationships and growing up and I think that Hannah has to experience that side of things otherwise shw wouldnt be the rounded individual that she is now. If she does knuckle down now and focus then the world is her oyster.

I mentioned to Sonny that Hannah could be the best but equally she could be average I havent got a crystal ball to see how she will turn out as a parent I just hope for the best and she seems to be going in the right direction. Whatever happens Im going to be a very proud parent and Ellie, her younger sister, can only benefit from my years of learning with Hannah.

For Sonny - Ellie lost in her quarter final match but she learnt a valuable lesson and wants to practice now. This was her 3rd time on the golf course her 2nd match and she was only a couple of shots a hole off beating her opponent who has been playing for years and competing for years. We asked every night is she wanted to practice and she said no. She was furious when she lost her match (which I love to be honest) and realised that she wasnt prepared. Good times ahead for her if this is true but I know she has cleaned her clubs for a practice session tonight and want to play a course on Thursday when the schools off. Perhaps you can do an interview with her in a couple of years. :) She is year ahead of Hannah as Hannah started properly at 9 and Ellie has just turned 8 a few weeks back.
Last edited by markj147 on 27 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

I couldn't believe Ellie's golf swing when I saw it. 7 years old, that practice swing was just incredible right next to the ball. It's a case of kids seeing something on tv and copying but what a swing!

Postby SnookerFan

markj147 wrote:After all of the interviews that she has done on radio and tv she said this one made her the most nervous....:)

I find that hard to understand....

:john:

Postby Roland

Good job you weren't interviewing her then :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Good job you weren't interviewing her then :redneck:

You're only basing that on the fact that the only question you ever heard me ask a female was; "You're a woman, right?" rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
markj147 wrote:After all of the interviews that she has done on radio and tv she said this one made her the most nervous....:)

i find that easy to understand.....most interviewer aren't clued up on snooker sonny is a player :john: of sorts :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

i find that easy to understand.....most interviewer aren't clued up on snooker sonny is a player :john: of sorts :-)

She does look a lot happier about it then Sonny does. rofl

Postby Wildey

well he just lost 4 times ;-)