Post a reply

Re: Aditya Mehta

Postby Wildey

So Regarding Visas there is more the Players can do having said that who really expects young players to be that organised when they got a snooker/sport career to advance in.

There is no doubt BUREAUCRACY is going bonkers.

Postby Roland

Yeah, it's fair to say if young British players needed to keep their paperwork in check in order to get the same visas the Asians do to play in EU countries, 99% of them wouldn't have a clue and would be expecting the tournament organisers to do it for them and would therefore miss most of the events.

Postby Skullman

A good insight into Adi and his recent success. The take it one match at a time and enjoy it thing seems to working for him, but I hope he doesn't get too satisfied with where he is and keeps pushing for the top.

And a good insight into the visa problem like Wild said. I never have problems, but like Adi, my dad normally keeps all the paperwork filed properly. If had to do it on my own then I'd be hopeless probably. But it's something the players will have to do as the game gets global.

Good interview and hope to see Pankaj's soon.

Postby kolompar

Very good interview, and also very long :-D didnt know he speaks English so well
I look forward to Pankaj's too

Postby Wildey

Well there could be but obviously that’s looking way, way forward. For now where the direction is going is extremely good and it looks very promising for anyone who wants to play professional snooker. They wouldn’t think twice before entering now whereas a few years ago you’d be thinking does it really make sense? So we’re obviously moving ahead and the more Asian players that come through, the more tournaments we’ll have, there’s absolutely no doubt about that. When it comes to a separate tour, that’s obviously something really far away I would think, but I enjoy the way it is now. Sheffield is a great city and I get to live here and obviously play 60 to 70% of my tournaments here, it’s just really, really expensive to live on your own abroad. Apart from that, everything’s great!

thats a very positive note on the new improved snooker tour that now it looks promising to want to play snooker for a living.

Postby Casey

Great interview, it's excellent to see the thoughts of a young player that lives far away and how the tour is different from that aspect.