Topic locked

Re: EPTC2 event - Belgium

Postby randam05

It wont let me open the draw nor order of merit on world snooker so would appreciate if someone could send some links to the draw and order of merit on a different website.

Thanks,

Postby Wildey

Carter plays Stevens last 128 of EPTC 2

Postby vinot

wildJONESEYE wrote:Carter plays Stevens last 128 of EPTC 2

wow. I saw the draw and that was the first thing that I saw. Considering the Shanghai match, which was a great battle, although Matthew choked ultimately, this will be a great re-match and a chance for pay backI think it's nice to see there are though draws even in the early stages of the PTC:s.

The second match I'm putting special interest to is Reanne Evans vs. Andy Hicks. I sure hope she gets her premier win now. Otherwise it's getting embarrasing. :ashamed:

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
randam05 wrote:If these tournaments in Germany and Belgium have got an audience have they not yet thought about a camera? and some internet live streaming. Hmm... Next season perhaps.

yes im surprise about that myself and the fact there wasn't streaming from the Paul Hunter Classic snake hissed me off and i got a bit irritable about it.

Surely not. <laugh>

Seriously though, you'd think Barry Hearn would pull his finger out of his bottom, and get some TV coverage of the PTC wouldn't you? He isn't promoting it very well.
If I wasn't on this forum, I'd barely know the event existed.

At least he's come up with a revoltionary idea of charging people to get in now though. Good one Barry. <ok> Some people may want to watch this, y'know.

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/news%28Inte ... 9-2588.htm
International Snooker Comes to Belgium

Euro Players Tour Championship 2 will be held at the Boudewijn Sea Park, Bruges, between Sept 30 and Oct 3 inclusive.

EPTC 2 is the first tournament of its kind to take place in Belgium. The event reflects a new approach to the sport, allowing snooker fans and amateur players closer access to top players.

The world’s best professionals will be competing for a 50,000 Euro prize fund and the title Bruges Open Champion.

Former World Champions such as Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Ken Doherty, Mark Williams, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Shaun Murphy have already entered the event together with Pokerstars.com Masters Champion Mark Selby, Tony Drago and Stephen Maguire.

The best Belgian players competing include Luca Brecel and Bjorn Haneveer. Click here for the full draw

EPTC2 is the second in a new series of six European tournaments.

It is being co-promoted by UK sports management firm Q Manager, in conjunction with Olivier Vandebohede, owner of the Trickshot Snooker and Pool Club in Bruges, together with European promoter Dragonstar Eventmanagement Company.

Lee Gorton, Director of Q Manager, said: “This is the new face of snooker and reflects the strong grassroots interest in the sport in countries like Belgium.

“We’re expecting a high level of interest within Belgium, as was seen in Germany last month for EPTC1. We are pleased with our working relationship with our venue partner Boudewijn Seapark, which is providing excellent facilities.

“The Leonardo Hotel in Bruges has been confirmed as official hotel partner for the event, and will be providing accommodation and practice facilities for many of the players, management and tournament officials."

Geertrui Quaghebeur, Commercial Manager at Boudewijn Seapark, said: “We are very pleased to welcome the EPTC 2 to our park. We have every confidence that it
will become a very popular annual event. Having such a prestigious tournament here is very good for the city of Bruges.”

The new approach is epitomised by the tournament’s Cuezone, where members of the public will have the chance to meet the players and challenge them to a fun game of speed snooker or ‘6 reds’.

Brandon Parker, World Snooker Limited director said: “Belgium has several very active snooker leagues, with thousands of players competing socially every week. Most are avid watchers of World Snooker ranking events on TV and this event is a great opportunity for them to become involved as players or as live spectators.

Continental audiences are much more vocal than in the UK, and this in turn creates a new atmosphere around the competitions which the players respond to."

The top six mainland European amateur players, over the 6 EPTC tournaments, will gain automatic wild card entries to the German Masters in Berlin in February 2011.

The Bruges festival of snooker breaks-off in style with six-time world finalist, Jimmy ‘Whirlwind’ White playing a challenge match against a Belgium select team on the opening night Thursday 30th Sept.

A range of ticket packages for the entire tournament are available, including VIP options which give spectators access to all areas, including the player’s lounge.

For more information just visit www.snookerbelgium.com

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

It is great Mon, I'm well pleased for you & all Snooker fans in Belguim.

I notice that they have Jimmy White 'fronting' this. Interesting.

Anyway, I hope its well attended & that this is a success for you all over in Belguim, I'm sure it will be.

Postby Wildey

what makes the PTC series in europe great is theres so many players there over just 3 days with easy access to them.

in a proper ranking tournament you would get about 8 matches maximum a day involving no more than 16 players

Postby GJ

i can only assue the world champion isnt playing in this one as he gets no mention in the article

Postby randam05

He isn't promoting it very well.

<ok>

Postby Monique

randam05 wrote:
He isn't promoting it very well.

<ok>

It's promoted here, on WPBSA, on GSC, on ROS forum, on TSF, on Belgian snooker sites, in the Belgian press, it has a dedicated Web site site and a dedicated page on Facebook ... what else do you expect? You can hardly expect the UK local press will promote it, can you?

Postby randam05

Well I was on about snooker isnt promoted at all in general..this small PTC event is promoted more than the world championship here in the UK promoting is so poor for snooker.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Well I was on about snooker isnt promoted at all in general..this small PTC event is promoted more than the world championship here in the UK promoting is so poor for snooker.

The Welsh Open is promoted in wales better than the UK Championship.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Well I was on about snooker isnt promoted at all in general..this small PTC event is promoted more than the world championship here in the UK promoting is so poor for snooker.

The Welsh Open is promoted in wales better than the UK Championship.

Postby kostasmad

Yes Wild. You are right. If only it could have been held in CIA instead of the shithole that is called Newport.

Postby Wildey

kostasmad wrote:Yes Wild. You are right. If only it could have been held in CIA instead of the shithole that is called Newport.

i think both are shitholes to be honest.

in term of fan friendly Newport was Better.

went to CIA Twice no cafeteria and had to que out in the pouring rain until dead on door opening time. Useless hammers

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
kostasmad wrote:Yes Wild. You are right. If only it could have been held in CIA instead of the shithole that is called Newport.

i think both are shitholes to be honest.
in term of fan friendly Newport was Better.

went to CIA Twice no cafeteria and had to que out in the pouring rain until dead on door opening time. Useless hammers

<laugh> <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

I meant the PTC generally, just not in Belgium. Being able to find mention of it on snooker websites isn't the same thing as it being promoted well. What casual fans are going to know it's going on? They're not. Where else do you ever see mention of it? It's not even possible to watch it in the UK FFS.