Topic locked

Re: The Russelsheim Cup (EPTC 3)

Postby Roland

In a scrappy final, Campbell won the first three frames despite a top break of just 32 and won the fourth despite Liang's break of 41.

"I never missed much and I shut him out," said the Scot. "It was the same for me throughout, I was just steady and didn't make many mistakes.

Liang blew himself out

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
In a scrappy final, Campbell won the first three frames despite a top break of just 32 and won the fourth despite Liang's break of 41.

"I never missed much and I shut him out," said the Scot. "It was the same for me throughout, I was just steady and didn't make many mistakes.

Liang blew himself out

on what evidence

both players played Roughly same amount of frames yesterday so how come Wenbo Blew himself out and Campbell didn't ?

Slow Grinding players like Campbell takes more out of themselves than Wenbo does.

Postby Bourne

Judging by the scores they both seemed to be pretty spent but in that scenario it comes down to who has the more canny matchplay to be able to maximise their chances with plan-B and in this instance, Campbell was easily the deserving winner.

Postby Monique

Liang might have experienced a bit of an anticlimax. En route to the final he had to beat Ding, Robertson, Selby and Higginson. Maybe his undoing was a combination of tiredness and not getting the adrenaline flowing from the start while facing someone who, a priori, came across as an easier opponent .

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Judging by the scores they both seemed to be pretty spent but in that scenario it comes down to who has the more canny matchplay to be able to maximise their chances with plan-B and in this instance, Campbell was easily the deserving winner.

that is exactly the point snooker is so much more than talent and potting balls and exactly the reason good journeymen always has a chance against younger exciting players in snooker more so than any other sport.

Postby Wildey

Marc Davis is a Relation of Steve Davis ??

am i right ?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Isn't that Greg C Davis?

Greg is Steve's son but ive read somewhere Marc is his nephew or something

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Isn't that Greg C Davis?

Greg is Steve's son but ive read somewhere Marc is his nephew or something

Yes it was on WPBSA, I think, when they launched PTC1. They both happened to get a w/o...

Postby Eirebilly

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Judging by the scores they both seemed to be pretty spent but in that scenario it comes down to who has the more canny matchplay to be able to maximise their chances with plan-B and in this instance, Campbell was easily the deserving winner.

that is exactly the point snooker is so much more than talent and potting balls and exactly the reason good journeymen always has a chance against younger exciting players in snooker more so than any other sport.

I think that the younger generation places far too much emphisis on attacking snooker and not enough on safety and matchplay styles. Its one of the reasons why i feel that the younger generation are having trouble in the bigger match environments.

Postby vodkadiet

wildjoneseye

I just edited my previous post as it got even more confusing,if you see what I mean!

Postby Wildey

useless morons <doh>

i can confirm Mark C Davis lost to Zhang Anda

Postby Eirebilly

worldsnooker.com are seriously having a nightmare in regards to their organisation. As this is one of the most important sights to get information, it really should be adressed soon.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:worldsnooker.com are seriously having a nightmare in regards to their organisation. As this is one of the most important sights to get information, it really should be adressed soon.

in EPTC4 the staff at SWA will be showing them how its done.....lets hope they pick up tips ;)

Postby Eirebilly

I hope so Wild as its an absolute mess and i dont understand it as its not hard to organise. This site is run more professionaly than worldsnooker.com

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:I hope so Wild as its an absolute mess and i dont understand it as its not hard to organise. This site is run more professionaly than worldsnooker.com

jesus dont sound so surprise rofl

Postby Wildey

well these are the EPTC Results http://www.global-snooker.com/professio ... esults.asp

and as for the Plate

Sarah Mount wrote:For anyone interested, Mark Davis won the plate beating Reanne Evans in the final 3-2.

Other results courtesy of Janie Watkins are as follows:

Semi Finals
Mark Davis bt Martin O'Donnell
Reanne Evans bt Kurt Maflin

Quarter Finals
Mark Davis 3-2 Ian Glover
Martin O'Donnell 3-2 Joe Swail
Kurt Maflin 3-0 Chris Henry
Reanne Evans 3-1 Oliver Brown

Earlier Rounds
Reanne beat Gerrit bij de Leij, Thomas Cesal and Rune Kampe to reach the quarter finals.
Ian Glover got two walkovers
Mark Davis beat Igor, Phil Barnes, Adam Wicheard
Chris Henry got three walkovers!

Postby markj147

Thank ya kindly Wild. Sorry for not noticing it before. Nice to see Reanne take some wins at least. Hopefully she will take some confidence from this at the next event.

Postby Bourne

She seems to be progressing nicely, hopefully the next step will be to make TV stages at a main-tour event, I don't see why she can't achieve that this season.

Postby Roland

Bourne wrote:She seems to be progressing nicely, hopefully the next step will be to make TV stages at a main-tour event, I don't see why she can't achieve that this season.

Am I right in thinking she hasn't won a single match until this EPTC3 plate thing though? Hence talk of making the televised stages is waaaaay off right now if that is the case. Main thing is to get that first win under her belt.