Topic locked

Re: Higgins comeback - what do you expect ?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yeah I know but it's not going to take his game away from him. It may affect his confidence but as we all know, an unconfident Higgins with his back against the wall is a dangerous animal. That's generally what sparks him into life. His statement outside the court revealed a lot too - he talked about coming out fighting and winning more titles. If he's talking the talk then he is one person I expect to walk the walk.

absalutly im just glad to see him back thats the important thing.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Yeah I know but it's not going to take his game away from him. It may affect his confidence but as we all know, an unconfident Higgins with his back against the wall is a dangerous animal. That's generally what sparks him into life. His statement outside the court revealed a lot too - he talked about coming out fighting and winning more titles. If he's talking the talk then he is one person I expect to walk the walk.

statements outside court should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Gary Glitter said after he got let out of jail the first time he deeply regretted what he did and how he wanted to put it all behind him......... :john:

Postby NedB-H

wildJONESEYE wrote:

<ok>

Postby randam05

NedB-H wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

<ok>

Yeah well said sonny, <ok>

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:

Gary Glitter said after he got let out of jail the first time he deeply regretted what he did and how he wanted to put it all behind him......... :john:

<laugh>

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

<laugh>

Just thought of a good connection actually.

When Higgins makes his return his entrance music should be HELLO HELLO ITS GOOD TO BE BACK rofl

Postby gallantrabbit

I think Higgins will do well and there might be another WC in him. I think he`s been up and down in his dedication off the table, but now he has something to prove. No-one has been raising the bar although you have more contenders now. On his day Higgins has the guile experience and more than enough talent to blow anyone away. And he`s got 75 big ones to make up..seven and a half ptcs..

Postby Monique

I don't expect anything. I'm just waiting to see how he will cope and how he will be able to play. It's very difficult to predict how someone will be affected by this type of "crisis" both in short and long terms and t think that putting expectations on the person is neither fair nor helpful.

Postby Casey

Higgins :bowdown: I hope he wins a 4th World title and propels himself into the second best player of all time behind old man Hendo.

Will he do it, his father will be a massive motivation, none of us know just exactly how he is at the minute.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Higgins :bowdown: I hope he wins a 4th World title and propels himself into the second best player of all time behind old man Hendo.

Will he do it, his father will be a massive motivation, none of us know just exactly how he is at the minute.

yes in the next 2 to 3 seasons his father will be Driving Him....they are very close and he has been with him on the Road for years and the smile on his fathers face when he won might be the motivation he needs when the going gets tough.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:This is the million pound question.

he cant be the same man on his return thats imposible some still think hes guilty and others think he got off lightly he knows people still talking and he will feel intimidated at first but if and i do stress if he turns up in hamm (dont forget his attendance could be determined by his fathers health) but if he does its better his first match back isn't at the UK so that he can start to feel his way in the game again.

me and my fellow Higgins booboys will get him eventually <cool>

witz :clap: :idea: :clap: :idea:

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:I'd expect some hostility from players/fans alike. <ok> :idea: <ok> :idea:

DJ :fart:

yep of the top 16 hes top of my BOOOOING list, though he faces strong competition from Murphy, Hendry, Fu, King and Dott.

Postby Smart

thetubberlad wrote:I certainly don't think he has five years in him, no way. I'd say three tops.

It will be interesting to see how snooker fans welcome him back. Will there be doubts in people's minds, no matter what he does? True for some I suppose...

I think the video, the comments, the cover up............................provided enough doubt for me. <laugh> :idea: <laugh> :idea:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:I'd expect some hostility from players/fans alike. <ok> :idea: <ok> :idea:

yep of the top 16 hes top of my BOOOOING list, though he faces strong competition from Murphy, Hendry, Fu, King and Dott.

I'd have to have the Scottish double of DJ/Hendo as my favourite booing objects. But Murphy is close behind........ <laugh> :idea: <laugh> :idea:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
randam05 wrote:Hmm, i think its horrible that this has all happened still. he has never been my fav player but always thought highly of him and for me, is second best of the decade, if not first. Hes so tough to beat. Hope fans dont hate him, he deserves a little respect for the way hes dealt with it, and with his father dying aswell. Horrible times for him and i bow down to him for carrying on his snooker career really, he must dearly love it.

i couldnt give a damn about Higgins and his future career. He doesnt exist as far as im concerned and ill simply blank out his results, matches and interviews as if they havent happened. <ok>

If Hann got 8 years, Higgins should have got similar. End of !!

:D <laugh> :D <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:

Why exactly would anyone want to boo Graeme Dott <doh> I just don't understand what people have against him

Postby Wildey

i dont understand what makes people boo sport start in the first place...

correction

i actually do know they are pea brains <ok>

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:i dont understand what makes people boo sport start in the first place...

correction

how can you say that, you were around when Davis/Higgins had a rivalry.....................I'm sure as hell there were people in both camps who would want to see the other guy lose and would not mind in being noisy on his shot or heckling when a miss comes about. Take the blinkers off.................... <ok>

Postby Witz78

recent examples i can remember

2008 WC - booed Murphy (along with many others) during his entrance into the arena

2009 WC - heckled Hendry during his R1 game with Williams, mainly just cos we were drunk and my mate was heckling Williams so i thought id even things up. That was the game that spawned a 606 thread called " Chamberlain 3-0 Annoying Hendry Fan" haha

2010 WC - heckled King along with many others during the latter stages of the Davis match and needless to say he rose to it and let it affect him.

Fans pay their money so they can do as they wish, the way i see it eventually under Hearn there will be events on the main tour similar to the Power snooker, shootout etc that will allow crowd interaction during play.

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i dont understand what makes people boo sport start in the first place...

correction

how can you say that, you were around when Davis/Higgins had a rivalry.....................I'm sure as hell there were people in both camps who would want to see the other guy lose and would not mind in being noisy on his shot or heckling when a miss comes about. Take the blinkers off.................... <ok>

Hendry - White was another example.

Still happens from time to time even in Ronnie games at the Masters etc when the crowd are right behind Ronnie and cheer every mistake his opponent makes etc making the atmosphere and pressure intensified for Ronnies advantage.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:

correction

as a kid id have bood them however some of us grow up then although you want 1 man to win over the other you can learn to respect everyone.