Topic locked

The format

Postby Tubberlad

Okay, forgive me if this is already up on the net, but I've a few questions. I'm guessing that of the 24 players that qualify, the top eight advance straight through to the last sixteen? What frame format is being used, is it keeping with the best-of-7's used in the ordinary PTC events? Has a venue been chosen, I'm presuming there will be spectators and TV coverage? Is the order of merit winner the person who wins this event, or is it the person who makes the most cash from the first twelve events or the person who makes the most cash from the twelve events plus the finals? Sorry, I thought of a lot of questions while plastering :redneck:

Re: The format

Postby Wildey

the format is unknown really but its a 24 man event featering top 24 players thats played minimum of 3 PTC and 3 EPTC ..

it will be

no 9/16 v 17 to 24 in round 1

then round 2 top 8 come in

the winner will be the guy that wins this 24 man tourno ...

all you got to do in the first 12 play enough and win enough to give you a chance at this......simple really are you plastering or plastered <laugh>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:the format is unknown really but its a 24 man event featering top 24 players thats played minimum of 3 PTC and 3 EPTC ..

it will be

no 9/16 v 17 to 24 in round 1

then round 2 top 8 come in

the winner will be the guy that wins this 24 man tourno ...

all you got to do in the first 12 play enough and win enough to give you a chance at this......simple really are you plastering or plastered <laugh>

tv coverage which channel ???????????????????????

Postby Wildey

my Guess is ITV following on from this Power thing if not that definitely SKY.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:my Guess is ITV following on from this Power thing if not that definitely SKY.

:ahh: :)

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I'm guessing it will be the same as the Darts one except with eight less players. A normal TV ranking event only with a different way of qualifying. ITV4 seems the most obvious broadcaster. I heard it was going to be held in Goffs but I seriously doubt if it's big enough. It can only hold one table.

Postby Casey

Citywest Hotel is also being talked about.

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:my Guess is ITV following on from this Power thing if not that definitely SKY.

Im guessing it WILL be Sky, Afterall intitially when the event was in the pipeline it was called the SKY SHOOTOUT ;)

Postby Tubberlad

case_master wrote:Citywest Hotel is also being talked about.

Ah yes, I've been. 2005 was a bit of a disaster though, I've never heard so many mobile phones going off during a match, O'Sullivan and Stevens were actually given a ten minute break it got so bad.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Im guessing it WILL be Sky, Afterall intitially when the event was in the pipeline it was called the SKY SHOOTOUT ;)

Sky Shootout is still Happening this had nothing to do with any shootouts lol

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Sky Shootout is still Happening this had nothing to do with any shootouts lol

Doh !! i must still be drunk rofl <doh> rofl

Postby Steve K

Im hoping its best out of 7 in all the matches and possibly best out of 9/11 in the final. Would be nice if it was on Eurosport or ITV, if its on sky not many fans will be able to see it.

Postby Wildey

Steve K wrote:Im hoping its best out of 7 in all the matches and possibly best out of 9/11 in the final. Would be nice if it was on Eurosport or ITV, if its on sky not many fans will be able to see it.

it Wont be on Eurosport as main Broadcaster but Like all Televised Events it will be on.

My Guess is it will be on ITV but wont announce it until after this Power Snooker Cobblers.

Postby PLtheRef

All 23 of the matches are the best of 7 frames

Postby Bourne

Any more news on this event ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Any more news on this event ?

Players Tour Championship Grand Final

The format of play for the PTC Grand Final appears below

Provisional Format of Play

Wednesday, 16 March 2011
10.00 am - 5 Marco Fu v Michael Holt
NB 11.30 am - 1 Ricky Walden v Liang Wenbo
NB 1.30 pm - 2 Mark Davis v Joe Jogia
NB 3.00 pm - 7 Anthony Hamilton v Tom Ford
7.00 pm - 3 Matthew Stevens v Gerard Greene
NB 8.30 pm - 4 Stuart Bingham v Stephen Maguire

Thursday, 17 March 2011
10.00 am - 6 Jamie Jones v Martin Gould
NB 12.00 pm - 8 Andrew Higginson v Jack Lisowski
NB 3.00 pm - 9 Shaun Murphy v winner match 1
NB 6.30 pm - 11 Dominic Dale v winner match 3
NB 8.00 pm - 15 Mark Williams v winner match 7

Friday,18 March 2011
10.00 am - 12 Marcus Campbell v winner match 4
NB 12.00 pm - 13 Barry Pinches v winner match 5
NB 3.00 pm - 10 Stephen Lee v winner match 2
NB 6.30 pm - 16 Mark Selby v winner match 8
NB 8.00 pm - 14 Judd Trump v winner match 6

Saturday, 19 March 2011
10.00 am - QF
NB 1.00 pm - QF
6.00 pm - QF
NB 7.30 pm - QF

Sunday, 20 March 2011
12.00 pm - SF
NB 3.00 pm - SF
7.30 pm - Final
NB = not before

All matches are the best of 7 frames (no intervals).

From 16-19 March 2011 all matches are played on a roll on/roll off basis. Play will start at the allocated time each day with a 15 minute interval between matches. The remaining matches each day will not start before the times indicated above. Evening session each day will not start before the time indicated on the format.

Order of play and table numbers for all matches up to the semi-finals will be determined the day before and published by the Tournament Director.

Postby Bourne

Nice one cheers <cool> I like the semis/final on the same day, no roll-on roll-off quarters though :limp: Judd vs Gouldy would be bad monkey

Postby Wildey

simplysnooker wrote:TV coverage info?

its on Eurosport i know that because they been mentioning it this week but cant give you any more than that.

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:Great, another tournament I'l miss:(

I missed most of the Welsh Open due to not having Eurosport in my new place. :wild2: This will be remedied by the time the PTC finals are on. I could have a Snooker Island get together in my living room, where we could party and watch snooker.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Great, another tournament I'l miss:(

I missed most of the Welsh Open due to not having Eurosport in my new place. :wild2: This will be remedied by the time the PTC finals are on. I could have a Snooker Island get together in my living room, where we could party and watch snooker.

:ahh: :D

Postby Wildey

look any snooker fan needs eurosport.

its like a chef thats not got a cooker :redneck:

put it on your list of must get desperately before next season <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:look any snooker fan needs eurosport.

I should have mine up and running by Saturday. :D

Postby Tubberlad

Like a kitchen without a woman <ok>

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:

you sound like a 70s throwback <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

yeah, and what about EuroSport <laugh> :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

you sound like a 70s throwback <laugh>

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Image

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

yeah, and what about EuroSport <laugh> :wave:

I think they have it in the brothel I'm visiting.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Nice one cheers <cool> I like the semis/final on the same day, no roll-on roll-off quarters though :limp: Judd vs Gouldy would be bad monkey

Not a fan of that. I didn't like it in the World Open either. I think Snooker Final Sunday is always a good event. Has the two who survived battling it out on one last day. Having two semi-finals, then the final feels a bit fragemented and anti-climatic.

I guess if they are going to make all the matches best of seven though, it makes sense to do it this way. Even if I do find it a bit :zzz: