Topic locked

12bet.com SPONSOR

Postby Smart

World Snooker is delighted to announce online betting firm 12bet.com as the new title sponsor of the World Open.

The one-year deal will see the tournament, which runs from September 18 to 26 at the SECC in Glasgow, named the 12bet.com World Open.

The world ranking event will feature star players including Ronnie O'Sullivan, Stephen Hendry, Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Mark Selby and World Champion Neil Robertson. It carries a total prize fund of £502,500 with the winner to receive £100,000.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "This is a fantastic piece of news for our sport at just the right time. We've made giant strides forward in the commercial success of snooker in recent months and this keeps the momentum going. The new World Open, with a new format, new venue, and new arena, is one of the cornerstones of the new era so we're thrilled to have a title sponsor on board.

"With over 50 hours coverage on BBC and a combined global audience reaching over 100 million, the tournament will give vast exposure to 12bet.com's brand so it's easy to see their motivation behind getting involved with snooker. We hope they enjoy what should be a great tournament and look forward to building a strong relationship with them."

Rory Anderson, CEO for Europe at 12bet, said: "We are delighted to add the World Open to our fast growing sponsorship portfolio. This event will give our brand fantastic exposure not only in the UK but throughout Europe. We are glad to be on board and are excited about the new best of five format."

Masters champion Selby added: "It's always exciting to have a new sponsor and it seems a long time now since we had a ranking event without one. I am sure the World Open will be a great tournament. All the players are looking forward to it, myself included. We'll all be trying to win it and play our best snooker."

The nine-day tournament will feature quick-fire best-of-five frame matches and a random draw for each round.

Tickets are still on sale, for details call 0844 395 4000 or visit www.worldsnooker.com/tickets

The 12bet.com World Open receives equal funding and support from EventScotland and Glasgow City Marketing Bureau.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/shanghai10_ ... World_Open)-2577.htm?tid=169

Re: 12bet.com SPONSOR

Postby Tubberlad

I know it's a short format tournament and all, and that's normally not my thing, but the World Open sounds very exciting and I'm looking forward to watching a bit of it...

Postby Smart

thetubberlad wrote:I know it's a short format tournament and all, and that's normally not my thing, but the World Open sounds very exciting and I'm looking forward to watching a bit of it...

I think the main attraction is the roll on/roll off...............meaning we will see lots of different players in a short snappy way. The downside is its pretty cruel format, a player could in effect have 3 shots and be out. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:I know it's a short format tournament and all, and that's normally not my thing, but the World Open sounds very exciting and I'm looking forward to watching a bit of it...

I think the main attraction is the roll on/roll off...............meaning we will see lots of different players in a short snappy way. The downside is its pretty cruel format, a player could in effect have 3 shots and be out. <laugh>

and the unveiling of a live scoring lol. how good will it be after having to wait this long ?

and if it breaks down that week with one table then ill be :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Postby Tubberlad

StalinESQ wrote:

The roll-on/roll-off is a brilliant idea. To be honest, if it were best-of-9, it would probably kill the snappy effect, so in some ways, I think the right move has been made with it. Good cash too...