Topic locked

Re: live scores are alive ...

Postby GJ

did mighty mouse qualify for the world open ?

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:did mighty mouse qualify for the world open ?

no, he was very unlucky

shame hopefully he makes the uk championship

Postby Madz

So what do you think about the new live scoreboard? It looks visually impressive (although too dark for my eyes). Updating once in 30 seconds - well, it feels slower than the old one (when it was working, lol). But still it's better than nothing. And hopefully they will remember to switch it on, unlike this morning when I missed 1st frame and half of second frame completely... Thankfully there was a nice person doing live commentary for me :)

Postby Wildey

ive been keeping a eye on it to see how acurate it is to the Pictures it is in fact Quicker than the other 1 But you got that 30 second thing in your head making you think its slower.

sometimes its quicker that the TV in fact.

BUT it has Froze twice today but only for 5 or 10 minutes but it is disappointing if thats going to be the norm.

the Test is EPTC2 with 10 tables.

Postby GJ

if it breaks down for a short time with only 1 table in operation

i fear the worst when multiple tables are playing

<doh>

Postby Wildey

i just hope its teething problems but at the moment im as confident as Stuart Pettman at the Crucible lol

Postby Madz

wildJONESEYE wrote:ive been keeping a eye on it to see how acurate it is to the Pictures it is in fact Quicker than the other 1 But you got that 30 second thing in your head making you think its slower.

sometimes its quicker that the TV in fact.

BUT it has Froze twice today but only for 5 or 10 minutes but it is disappointing if thats going to be the norm.

the Test is EPTC2 with 10 tables.

Yes, I noticed that moment when it froze as well. Maybe there was a rerack so nothing was changed on scoreboard while the balls were replaced and player ready to break off again? :huh2: Plus a nice feature with the old scoring was that it had sound. You could hear when the other player got to the table without staring at the screen. But I am sure they will tweak it after trying out at this tournament. It would be much worse to launch it on PTC with matches on 10 tables at once and then something goes wrong. I imagine the emotion in the discussion thread <laugh>
The only thing I will be missing is multi-screen livescoring thingy :-(

Postby Wildey

Janie Watkin on Snooker Scene Blog other day said theres more to come from it they just put out the Basic this week to see how it goes i guess its trial and error at the moment.