Topic locked

12bet.com World Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 18th of September~Sunday 26th of September

The World Open is a new format for a World Ranking event with best of 5 frame matches and a best of 9 frame final with a Random Draw throughout .

Week today the World Open started now we are down to the Quarter Final Stage and Still Full with Class Players including Martin Gould in his first Quarter Final playing Ebdon.

There is no draw for this event but here is the Format of Play

When Draws will be taking place

semi finals random draw will take place live at 7pm on Saturday 25 September.

Saturday September 25

1pm

Mark Williams v Ding Junhui
Peter Ebdon v Martin Gould

7pm

1st up Semi Final Draw
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stephen Maguire
Ricky Walden v Neil Robertson

Sunday September 26

2pm

Semi-final
Semi-final

8pm

Final

Re: 12bet.com World Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:I like watching back these old clips, you forget just how nervy it is watching these you must have been frozen into your seat GJ

i was so nervous at 40 behind in a decider i feared the worst

Postby Roland

GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/8642142.stm

Spot the similarity between this decider and the one tonight

:afro:

Yep well spotted GJ, virtually identical. Gouldy looked like he was doing a number 2 in his trousers when perched on the other table.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I saw this on another forum. It must be a joke. I can't see them coming out with stuff this blatant.

I am noticing an incredible amount of innuendo in the comments of Dennis Taylor & John Virgo. Some examples.......

"He certainly has a nice length"

"Has he stuck it up? Ooooo I think he has."

"Well he didn't even think about that, he just got straight down there and rammed it in."

"That was careless, there was no need to kiss the brown."

"This pink is tight but I fancy he'll just bang it in anyway."

Followed by this little gem of a conversation

DT - "As we said earlier,Terry Griffith's son Wayne is off out to Hong Kong to show the boys over there how its done."
JV - "Great fella is Wayne, certainly has an eye for a youngster."
DT - "He certainly has John, mind you, his Dad was always a dab hand at finding them young and showing them what's what.
JV - "Absolutely, Terry has a good record with guys of all ages though. For me, he certainly had a huge influence on Mark Williams and Stephen Hendry's longevity. You can ask either of them and they'll tell you that what he gave them was enormous."
DT - "He certainly put something into Stephen a few years ago. I think you can tell when Terry has been with a player by the way he walks around the table."

Postby Roland

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I saw this on another forum. It must be a joke. I can't see them coming out with stuff this blatant.

I am noticing an incredible amount of innuendo in the comments of Dennis Taylor & John Virgo. Some examples.......

"Well he didn't even think about that, he just got straight down there and rammed it in."

DT - "As we said earlier,Terry Griffith's son Wayne is off out to Hong Kong to show the boys over there how its done."
DT - "He certainly has John, mind you, his Dad was always a dab hand at finding them young and showing them what's what.
JV - "Absolutely, Terry has a good record with guys of all ages though. For me, he certainly had a huge influence on Mark Williams and Stephen Hendry's longevity. You can ask either of them and they'll tell you that what he gave them was enormous."
DT - "He certainly put something into Stephen a few years ago. I think you can tell when Terry has been with a player by the way he walks around the table."

rofl

Postby Smart

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I saw this on another forum. It must be a joke. I can't see them coming out with stuff this blatant.

I remember the bit about Wayne Griffiths getting mentioned. Did Wayne not make it as a pro then.............? :chin:

Postby Wildey

they are evenly match matches to be honest.

Gould v Ebdon= Form v Experience but i do think form will have to much for experience in that.

in fact if i had to choose 1 to be a rout it would have to be Ronnie beating Maguire but Maguire knows how to win.

Postby Bourne

Maguire was so bad in the first match he probably feels after scraping through that he has nothing to lose and is able to play a little bit pressure-free, and that's dangerous. Ding vs Williams could go either way and probably will.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:. Ding vs Williams could go either way and probably will.

rofl rofl

well it will have to otherwise nobody would reach the semis <laugh>

They both deserve to go through IMO :ahh:

Postby randam05

By the way, witz is it you that goes to watch the world open? if not who is it and what you look like cause id like to look out for you in crowd! I have a feeling its the front row guy always wearing football shirt and sits near or next to a man with a football shirt and baseball cap every time.

??

Postby Smart

another phrase that has annoyed me this week is "well that HAS to be the match of the tournament so far". Why can't they wait till the end of the week and make a proper judgment of what was the best. For me the best match in terms of quality, tension and drama was Selby/Hawkins. BUT a couple of others have definitely been memorable. <ok>