Topic locked

Re: 12bet.com World Open Final Day Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby onlyevertonjon

thetubberlad wrote:
randam05 wrote:All in all a good week but will never compare to longer formats and im praying they dont change uk or world.

I felt sick listening to Davis and John Parrott suggesting the World Championship could do with shortening. Sick.

If they shorten it a guy could win 15 times and I still wouldnt compare it to Hendry's record.

Its very two faced and overkill with selling a product. When we get to Telford they will tell us the best players come through longer formats and thats the real test.

Postby GJ

i think we need to email world snooker and hearn in big numbers saying the worlds should not be cut to shorter matches

Postby randam05

onlyevertonjon wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
randam05 wrote:All in all a good week but will never compare to longer formats and im praying they dont change uk or world.

I felt sick listening to Davis and John Parrott suggesting the World Championship could do with shortening. Sick.

If they shorten it a guy could win 15 times and I still wouldnt compare it to Hendry's record.

Its very two faced and overkill with selling a product. When we get to Telford they will tell us the best players come through longer formats and thats the real test.

agreed.

I get upset after a week of snooker so im sorry if i fall into depression for the next week.

I feel very lost and dont know what to do with myself as I have not else much to do and no friends really :-( so little bit of encouragement would help thanks :D I suppose I can knuckle down on some practice and enjoy speaking to you lot on here.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

I can see the advantages of it, what do we want from a World Championship, we should at least expect that the final, the showpiece, is between two players playing at the peak of their abilities and putting on a show, and we really haven't seen one of those classic finals for a number of years now. I'm not saying i'm pro-shortening the final, just believe that something ought to be done somewhere along the line.

In my opinion the reason we have had some poor finals recently is because the players have barely played throughout the season. The players couldn't get into a regime of playing then they were expected to play for 17 days. Now there are more tournaments again the players will be used to always playing and thus I think the standard of the next WC will improve because of this.

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

I can see the advantages of it, what do we want from a World Championship, we should at least expect that the final, the showpiece, is between two players playing at the peak of their abilities and putting on a show, and we really haven't seen one of those classic finals for a number of years now. I'm not saying i'm pro-shortening the final, just believe that something ought to be done somewhere along the line.

In my opinion the reason we have had some poor finals recently is because the players have barely played throughout the season. The players couldn't get into a regime of playing then they were expected to play for 17 days. Now there are more tournaments again the players will be used to always playing and thus I think the standard of the next WC will improve because of this.

Yeh that's a pretty decent explanation, the Worlds is unique and i'd be disappointed if much changed from it's current format it's the ultimate test of a snooker player physically and mentally.

Postby onlyevertonjon

rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:If they start messing with the WC then my interest in the sport will begin to dwindle.

agreed

agreed

i think all finals (except WC and UK) should be best of 9 always

No no, many great finals best of 17 and 19 have had great comebacks. We might have even seen one tonight.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

i agree a few years ago when there were lots of events the final wasnt affected as much as it has been in the last few years

Postby Tubberlad

rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:If they start messing with the WC then my interest in the sport will begin to dwindle.

agreed

agreed

Oh Jesus of Nazareth <doh>

Postby Alex0paul

Also the ridiculous schedualing doesn't help either. If tonights match had been a bit closer it could've been another post 11pm finish.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:agreed

agreed

Oh Jesus of Nazareth <doh>

sorry guys i ment best of 19. sorry to put the 1.

best of 19 at all times

Postby onlyevertonjon

GJtheaussiestud wrote:i think we need to email world snooker and hearn in big numbers saying the worlds should not be cut to shorter matches

Good idea. Maybe just start the final earlier. Even though I was looking forward to staying up till 3 am by the way it looked like the final was going last season.

Postby Alex0paul

randam05 wrote:Got a horrible depressive week ahead of me now getting over the fact the tournament has finished. Feel so lost and have nothing to do now!

Get yourself some snooker dvds. Did you say you are from Devon?

Postby randam05

rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:Got a horrible depressive week ahead of me now getting over the fact the tournament has finished. Feel so lost and have nothing to do now!

just keep up on here <ok>

yh will do <ok> and get practicing i hope, if i can get myself up for it without getting frustrated..although i have very little else to do in my life

Postby Tubberlad

Alex0paul WC wrote:

There there <laugh>

Postby randam05

onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:i think we need to email world snooker and hearn in big numbers saying the worlds should not be cut to shorter matches

Good idea. Maybe just start the final earlier. Even though I was looking forward to staying up till 3 am by the way it looked like the final was going last season.

put his email on here and i will join in!

Postby randam05

thetubberlad wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

There there <laugh>

yh good idea! <ok> um yup from devon why?

Postby Alex0paul

randam05 wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

There there <laugh>

yh good idea! <ok> um yup from devon why?

If fancy a few frames then let me know

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

onlyevertonjon wrote:If they shorten it a guy could win 15 times and I still wouldnt compare it to Hendry's record.

That's fair comment. :clap:

My initial reaction to how that made me think was a negative one to say the least. Therefore I'll hold fire & hope that it don't happen.

Postby randam05

yh good idea! <ok> um yup from devon why?[/quote]

If fancy a few frames then let me know[/quote]

sounds like a good idea, but im from bideford in north devon i see you in plymouth!