Topic locked

12bet.com World Open Final Day Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 18th of September~Sunday 26th of September

So we have Reached the Final Day of The Inaugral World Open and what a Quality Line up. 7 World Titles and a further 45 Ranking Titles between them. Making it one of the most Quality Semi Final line up for a long time.

Sunday September 26

2pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Peter Ebdon
Neil Robertson v Mark Williams

8pm

Final

Re: 12bet.com World Open Final Day Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

wildJONESEYE wrote:the major pity about that Line up is that its Best of 5 Matches

I think we've all had the same thoughts wild but as opposed to having 1 x bof 9, we've been having 2 or 3 match's, all with results, & the momentum has always been there.

I think we'd all agree that with them 4 players (Ebbo included ;) ) none of us would mind watching them playing each other all day long. I'm not sure Ronnie would agree mind. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:the major pity about that Line up is that its Best of 5 Matches

I think we've all had the same thoughts wild but as opposed to having 1 x bof 9, we've been having 2 or 3 match's, all with results, & the momentum has always been there.

I think we'd all agree that with them 4 players (Ebbo included ;) ) none of us would mind watching them playing each other all day long. I'm not sure Ronnie would agree mind. <laugh>

the Way Ebdon is playing we might see major Mind Games tomorrow see how Ronnie copes...

Ebdon will not play to Ronnie strengths thats for sure.

rocket_ron wrote:any songs tonight John? also your feelings about chelsea today? im gutted about the gooners result

Not sure about any tunes yet, got to put my son to bed about 15 mins from now. 11.30 is his bed time on a Saturday.

Yip, we got turned over by Man City, again. 3 times on the spin now in the PL. Its gonna happen, the'll beat any side in the PL. Just happened to take a liking with doing it to us. <laugh>
Glad there not the red part of Manchester tho. :) :)

Yip, the Gooners got beat, which was a shock to most of us I would have thought. I don't think that will happen to often tho. But we'll see.

Postby GJ

CHUMBA

the best quality match i have ever watched

top class from start to finish
Last edited by GJ on 25 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

It just went to show the minute fractions in this sport if Higgins could play that last white about a centimetre off the cushion he'd have potted it or if he black hadn't have rattled and gone onto the cushion, and that brown he missed just before it rattling the jaws, unreal ... I still don't think i've ever been so surprised at a miss though as I was when Higgins missed that brown against Ding in the UK final last year haha

Postby Witz78

After 3 heavy days (and nights) on the drink in Glasgow i made the decision to head home after the Ronnie match tonight and skip the matches tomorrow even though id tickets.

Off to Spain on hol on Monday so have tons to do before then, plus my liver needed a rest.

Had a great few days back up at the tournament again after being up there last weekend, The crowds have certainly picked up as the tournaments went on.

Highlights this week would be Hendry - Ronnie, Jimmy - Ronnie, Maguire - Ronnie (theres a pattern developing here??)

Ebdon - Gould match was intriguing and great to see my idol win through to the semis.

So easy to sneak drink into the arena, the ned getting chucked out of the brilliant Williams - Ding match today when his phone went off was priceless. Did yous hear him call the steward a pin end??? hahaha

Postby Roland

We saw him arguing with the ref, he was on national tv being an bottom and everyone here and the commentators were calling him names.

Was that you spotted texting in the Ronnie match? How good was his performance tonight?

Also, did you enjoy the Ebdon black at the end? We said he did it just for you :redneck:

Witz78 wrote:After 3 heavy days (and nights) on the drink in Glasgow i made the decision to head home after the Ronnie match tonight and skip the matches tomorrow even though id tickets.

Off to Spain on hol on Monday so have tons to do before then, plus my liver needed a rest.

Had a great few days back up at the tournament again after being up there last weekend, The crowds have certainly picked up as the tournaments went on.

Highlights this week would be Hendry - Ronnie, Jimmy - Ronnie, Maguire - Ronnie (theres a pattern developing here??)

Ebdon - Gould match was intriguing and great to see my idol win through to the semis.

So easy to sneak drink into the arena, the ned getting chucked out of the brilliant Williams - Ding match today when his phone went off was priceless. Did yous hear him call the steward a pin end??? hahaha

I didn't hear that bit no but I'm glad you went up & back & enjoyed yourself witz. The flies weren't down to you were they? A few regulars I seen in the audience waering the same cloth's every day. :chin:
Only kidding
Ronnie was Sublime, Williams out of the traps every match apart from Ding, but still dished, Robbo I feel flying under the radar BIG style so far & Ebbo being Ebbo. All good Tournaments as you know deserve a quality showdown, & we've certainly got it in the semi's anyway.

Enjoy Spain. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:We saw him arguing with the ref, he was on national tv being an bottom and everyone here and the commentators were calling him names.

Was that you spotted texting in the Ronnie match? How good was his performance tonight?

Also, did you enjoy the Ebdon black at the end? We said he did it just for you :redneck:

oh did the cameras pan in on that clown in the cap, i was too busy laughing my head off at him to notice if the cameras were on him, did yous see him getting frogmarched along the front row by the steward then his phone going off a THIRD time haha.

Nah, god knows how i wasnt spotted texting or drinking by the ref. Me and my mates were especially drunk on the Thursday night, have a vague flashback to being on here giving yous updates :scared: god knows what nonsense i was talking tho <doh> probably about as good as the chat i was giving the ladies of Glasgow :john:

Yeh that Ebdon black was awesome, did yous hear any of my CMON PETER chants today or the other night? :huh2:

Ronnie match was awesome tonight, best standard ive ever witnessed, even the Maguire fans were silenced and forced to accept it was breathtaking. :no:

Postby Roland

Didn't see him being frogmarched but heard it. Saw him sat there holding his mobile protesting when it was clearly still on. Mike Hallett said he should be banned for life <laugh>

Wasn't listening out for chants to be honest but probably heard it and yes, you were snake hissed on Thursday and posting, that's why we thought it was you caught texting by Erian Williams :redneck:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Didn't see him being frogmarched but heard it. Saw him sat there holding his mobile protesting when it was clearly still on. Mike Hallett said he should be banned for life <laugh>

Wasn't listening out for chants to be honest but probably heard it and yes, you were snake hissed on Thursday and posting, that's why we thought it was you caught texting by Erian Williams :redneck:

yeh i was wathcing him after his 1st telling off and he was clearly texting the guy whod rang him to say he was at the snooker and couldnt answer but before he could send the text, the guy musta rang him back again <doh> and then Verhass told him that was twice hed warned him and when the guy started arguing with Verhass thats when security were called. Funniest thing ever watching him being led out then stopping halfway up the stairs and calling the steward a pin end and saying "your hurting me"

Funniest thing ive ever seen at the snooker before. People were chuckling for ages after that.

Yeh i might just have to check out Thursday nights thread to see what i was saying....then again maybe not :scared: :ashamed:

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:After 3 heavy days (and nights) on the drink in Glasgow i made the decision to head home after the Ronnie match tonight and skip the matches tomorrow even though id tickets.

I didn't hear that bit no but I'm glad you went up & back & enjoyed yourself witz. The flies weren't down to you were they? A few regulars I seen in the audience waering the same cloth's every day. :chin:
Only kidding
Ronnie was Sublime, Williams out of the traps every match apart from Ding, but still dished, Robbo I feel flying under the radar BIG style so far & Ebbo being Ebbo. All good Tournaments as you know deserve a quality showdown, & we've certainly got it in the semi's anyway.

Enjoy Spain. <ok>

that the big lad in the Dundee United strip or the Welsh fanatic your talking about regarding the flies rofl

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:I see the final dont start till 8..would be alright if it was still best of 5 but best of 9 could still be a late finish..strange

Nothing wrong with late finishes they're even better IMO

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:I see the final dont start till 8..would be alright if it was still best of 5 but best of 9 could still be a late finish..strange

Espec if Ebdon makes it through <laugh>

typical BBC dictating the schedule. I agree though that i like late finishes too though.

But the rest of the week theres been a 7pm start with potentially 2 x 5 frame matches, so not much difference really <ok>

One after thought too, this final tomorrow will be the first ever World Open match to have a mid session interval rofl

Witz78 wrote:

typical BBC dictating the schedule. I agree though that i like late finishes too though.
But the rest of the week theres been a 7pm start with potentially 2 x 5 frame matches, so not much difference really <ok>
One after thought too, this final tomorrow will be the first ever World Open match to have a mid session interval rofl

Apparently there is some serious thought being put into scrapping the MDI.
Edit....
& The MSI. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

Apparently there is some serious thought being put into scrapping the MDI.
Edit....
& The MSI. <laugh>

MSI is a important part of the game without it there will be more Routs and one sided matches.