Topic locked

Ladbrokes Mobile to sponsor Masters

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 77,00.html

LEADING BOOKMAKERS LADBROKES are delighted to announce that they have become the title sponsors of the Ladbrokes Mobile Masters taking place at Wembley Arena in the New Year.
Snooker's longest running and most prestigious invitational event will now receive the six-figure backing of Ladbrokes as they look forward to their first sponsorship of a world-class snooker tournament.
Now entering its 37th year, the Masters has provided the British public with many of snooker's most thrilling moments and its roll call of champions reads like a who's who of the greatest names in the sport.
Fresh from the Alexandra Palace where the largest betting company in the UK continue to support the Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship, the firm will be crossing North London to Wembley to begin their sponsorship of the famous snooker tournament.
Running from the 9th to 16th January, the Masters features the top 16 players in the world, competing for a £500,000 prize fund.
Commented World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn; "We are delighted to continue our long and successful partnership with Ladbrokes with this sponsorship of the Masters.
"With eight days of solid live and highlight coverage on the BBC as well as blanket live coverage in over 50 European countries via Eurosport, the Ladbrokes Mobile Masters is one of the most eagerly anticipated tournaments of the year.
"Over the years, I have worked with Ladbrokes on a range of sports and to now have them involved with the Masters, speaks volumes for where snooker is going."
Gary McIlraith, Managing Director of Ladbrokes.com said: "We're thrilled to extend our sponsorship activities with Barry Hearn and World Snooker.
"We are very excited by the re-launch of World Snooker and feel it provides us with a great opportunity to promote our mobile applications which are showing tremendous growth and continue to be a key sales channel for the future.
"It's also fantastic to be associated with a tournament which will help us reach a wide audience via BBC broadcast."

Its good news after the ongoing investigation in to match fixing involving some players that one of if not the biggest betting firms in the UK have decided to sponsor one of snookers majors.

Re: Ladbrokes Mobile to sponsor Masters

Postby Roland

Ladbrokes are the biggest so far so that's a good sign at least. The William Hill World Championships coming up!

Postby Wildey

betting firms nothing new in snooker sponsorship. Coral was a Major sponsor during the 80s yes we need variety but its a seal of approval to Barry Hearn that in the climate snooker been in last 3 years they come on board.

and also they believe the Sport got things spot on regarding integrity.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:betting firms nothing new in snooker sponsorship. Coral was a Major sponsor during the 80s yes we need variety but its a seal of approval to Barry Hearn that in the climate snooker been in last 3 years they come on board.

and also they believe the Sport got things spot on regarding integrity.

They had a good idea with Pukka Pies, that's edible. <ok> May I suggest The Pringles Masters, the Ginsters Cornish Pasties World Open, the Silk Road Fortune Cookie China Open, and the Budweiser World Championships. Free produce to each fan who shows up. :excited:

Postby gallantrabbit

hearny's the man. Don't care if the Kray sisters sponsor snooker as long as the cash flows in.. I know I know we have to look after te image, but anything is better than tobacco right..

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

gallantrabbit wrote: but anything is better than tobacco right..

I always found it handy coming to your seat & there was a free pack of 20 there sitting on the table for you. :john:

Postby SnookerFan

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote: but anything is better than tobacco right..

I always found it handy coming to your seat & there was a free pack of 20 there sitting on the table for you. :john:

Did you prefer Benson and Hedges, or were you an Embassy man?