Topic locked

Carters thoughts.......

Postby Smart

Essex's Ali Carter is hoping for an extended run at this year's Masters when it starts on Sunday.

Carter, who has struggled to make an impact at the tournament in the past, opens with a first round clash against Peter Ebdon at the Wembley Arena.

And he told BBC Essex: "I'm really up for it. I've never had a good run there and its a very prestigious event.

"I'll be trying my absolute hardest to get a few wins on the board, and get my name on the trophy."

Carter has dropped provisionally from second to seventh in the world rankings after losing to Mark Joyce in the first round of the UK Championship in Telford last month.

He put that early exit down to lack of practice, admitting: "I wasn't able to practise as much as I should have done. But I didn't think I'd drop five places."

Carter, who beat 2002 world champion Ebdon in the first round of the Masters two years ago, is hoping for a repeat, but admits that this year's table could take some getting used too.

"It does seem to run very quick at the Masters," he said. "I don't know if that's anything to do with the atmosphere there. I'll have to get used to it very quickly."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 347978.stm

Re: Carters thoughts.......

Postby SnookerFan

Carter vs Ebdon. :zzz:

I can't see Ali Carter doing very well in this tournament, to be honest. Ebdon will be a tough game though. Both players lost to qualifiers at the UK, and will be wanting to prove themselves. But, to be honest, I can't see Ali Carter making much of an impact on this tournament. Especially the blah opponents he'll have to play in the first couple of rounds.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Im pretty sure Ebdon has never beaten Carter. The jinx WILL end this time though !!

C'MON THE FORCE !!!!!!!

Is that true?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Im pretty sure Ebdon has never beaten Carter. The jinx WILL end this time though !!

C'MON THE FORCE !!!!!!!

Is that true?

being a BIG Ebdon fan i can honestly say i never recall him ever beating Carter. I may be wrong but if he has beat him it musta been a while back bef0re Carter became a top player.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

C'MON THE FORCE !!!!!!!

Is that true?

being a BIG Ebdon fan i can honestly say i never recall him ever beating Carter. I may be wrong but if he has beat him it musta been a while back bef0re Carter became a top player.

Dammit, the one time we need somebody with some stats. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

C'MON THE FORCE !!!!!!!

Is that true?

has carter become a top player ???

must have missed that <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

C'MON THE FORCE !!!!!!!

Is that true?

Carter really has to be the most underrated player on the tour. I won two rankers (one more than the much appreciated Selby), made a max in the crucible, was in a world final and his best game is excellent.

Probably because he rarely beats Higgins and Ronnie.

Postby Roland

HugoDrax wrote:S/fan - please do not rely on witz for facts or figures...........................he will consult his "stats lovely lady" in Rochdale for some confirmation. <laugh> :wave:

<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

C'MON THE FORCE !!!!!!!

Is that true?

I?

Are you Ali Carter? :eek:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Is that true?

I?

Are you Ali Carter? :eek:

well im not <laugh>

but that what i thought with that I :eek:

was that a un intential slip on the part of Ali ???

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
well im not <laugh>

but that what i thought with that I :eek:

was that a un intential slip on the part of Ali ???

Sorry, I clicked the wrong quote button. <laugh>