Topic locked

Re: The Ladbrokes Mobile Masters Quarter Final Discussion!!!

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Has GJ commented on Robbo's match? Remember when he was an Allen fan? Someone asked him "Why do you support Mark Allen?" and he stopped and realised he didn't have a reason so dropped him <laugh>

Who are you going for now GJ? Allen for old times sake?

It was me that removed the Allen/GJ link. One of my great snookering achievements. <laugh> :wave:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:Has GJ commented on Robbo's match? Remember when he was an Allen fan? Someone asked him "Why do you support Mark Allen?" and he stopped and realised he didn't have a reason so dropped him <laugh>

Who are you going for now GJ? Allen for old times sake?

It was me that removed the Allen/GJ link. One of my great snookering achievements. <laugh> :wave:

hilarious as ever smart <laugh>

it was actually after allen beat robbo in china open i was disappointed for robbo but wasnt happy for allen that showed me i wasnt a proper fan of allen

<ok>

but you can take the credit if your that desperate :redneck: <laugh> :wave:
Last edited by GJ on 14 Jan 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've been watching Question of Sport.

thanks for the update.............................I just had a snake hiss :|

Was it alright? How did it go? Did it come out alright?

successful snake hiss, pleased to announce :|

Postby Sickpotter

I can't believe we've got fluke whiners on the site now. <doh> Flukes and their relevance or lack there of is unworthy of discussion.

The odd bit of luck does not decide a match, someone played well enough to stay ahead of the other player, plain and simple.

If the match was so close that one fluke makes the difference then the loser didn't do enough to put some daylight between him and his opponent.

Take the fluked snooker that put Robbo in trouble.

First off, he was down a frame, his own fault he wasn't first to the hill or does someone want to suggest Allen was lucky to make the breaks he did?

Secondly, one could say Robbo was unlucky to wind up in the snooker but from the same standpoint one could say he was lucky the game ball was missed to begin with and even gave him a remote shot.

Is it one player's good luck or one player's bad luck? Who knows in the end.

Bottom line.....If the pro players don't think it worth mentioning or sussing out a rule for, is it really relevant? No.

Postby GJ

Sickpotter wrote:I can't believe we've got fluke whiners on the site now. <doh> Flukes and their relevance or lack there of is unworthy of discussion.

The odd bit of luck does not decide a match, someone played well enough to stay ahead of the other player, plain and simple.

If the match was so close that one fluke makes the difference then the loser didn't do enough to put some daylight between him and his opponent.

Take the fluked snooker that put Robbo in trouble.

First off, he was down a frame, his own fault he wasn't first to the hill or does someone want to suggest Allen was lucky to make the breaks he did?

Secondly, one could say Robbo was unlucky to wind up in the snooker but from the same standpoint one could say he was lucky the game ball was missed to begin with and even gave him a remote shot.

Is it one player's good luck or one player's bad luck? Who knows in the end.

Bottom line.....If the pro players don't think it worth mentioning or sussing out a rule for, is it really relevant? No.

how was it luck allen missed match ball

its luck that the white went behind the yellow

:grrr:

Postby Alex0paul

Smart wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/graeme+dott/frame+of+mind/8112061/

Cant wait to get this.

I wonder if he mentions the day he met Smart in Sheffield <ok>

It obviously sparked his run to the final

Postby jojo

i missed the whole match allen v robertson but cant comment about who might have been lucky or unlucky or fluky or non fluky

but i dont think fu playing very well in this tournament standard wise and pound for pound allen a better player

if allen gets off to a good start i can see him winning comfortably fu fell over the line against maguire didnt play great and here he been under no pressure against ebdon who missing ridiculous shots left right and centre

experience counts for a lot when you know what to do with it

Postby Bourne

Another totally non-competitive match, the third evening in a row. And i'm told this is meant to be a 'golden age' :| No doubt Fu will roll over and have his tummy tickled when he goes behind tomorrow and we'll have another no-contest. :zzz:

Postby Smart

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Smart wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/graeme+dott/frame+of+mind/8112061/

Cant wait to get this.

I wonder if he mentions the day he met Smart in Sheffield <ok>

It obviously sparked his run to the final

I think it might have turned his life around by meeting me. :|