Topic locked

Changes to the 2012 Snooker Shootout?

Postby Steve K

What changes (if any) would you want to make for next years Snooker Shootout?

Not sure people would agree with me, but for a laugh I would like to see a few wildcards thrown in as addition to the top 64. Mainly BBC/ retired snooker legends people. Saw Dennis Taylor in the Hainan Classic and he nearly took two frames off Ali Carter, might cause a shock or two.

What snake hissed me off during this years event was they only seemed to have a choice of 4-5 different walk-on songs and there was 32+ matches. Need a few more this time! And don't use that Premier League Snooker guy, he made so many blunders in regarding to the names of the players and didn't seem to care most of the time.

Re: Changes to the 2012 Snooker Shootout?

Postby Wildey

John Mcdonald is as useless as it gets as a snooker MC he does it like a Boxing Match which sounds so naff in snooker.

personally all i want is a ban on over excited idiots counting down every shot jesus that was annoying last time.

other than that i dont care to be honest it was a fun event anything goes throw in some Women Players,Junior Players,Hasbeens anyone goes.

Postby Steve K

Yeah! Reanne Evans, Luca Brecel, Tony Knowles (if they havent got back into the top 64 by then) Dennis Taylor, John Parrott, Cliff Thorburn, that Dong Dong kid from China any of them would spice it up a bit!

Postby Wildey

one thing i would do is put it on just before the World Championship and push the china Open Back.

i think having a light relief of this before the Big one would be better than letting the WC Detract from the importance of the China Open.

Postby Roland

I want to see a walk of shame where the loser has to go in a gunk tank like used to happen on Saturday night Noel Edmonds shows.

Postby Steve K

Wild wrote:one thing i would do is put it on just before the World Championship and push the china Open Back.

i think having a light relief of this before the Big one would be better than letting the WC Detract from the importance of the China Open.

Yeah that would be a good idea, there is a three week gap between the China and World, would be the perfect time for it and it would probably get a lot more spectators going to it in the early rounds due to it not being so damned cold!

Sonny wrote:I want to see a walk of shame where the loser has to go in a gunk tank like used to happen on Saturday night Noel Edmonds shows.

Yeah we were promised a "walk of shame" in last years event (see the bouncer in the video) but it never occurred. Was originally planned to be someone dressed as a grim reaper haha.