Topic locked

Re: Our 2010 WC Pics

Postby Roland

At 4-2 to Williams he left the arena, I moved down to the spare seat at the front and Williams took his time so the camera wandered. I'd love to know what the BBC commentators said on interactive, if anything. I know Hendon and Joe Johnson pretended not to see it :redneck:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Image

He took a better pic with your's than he did mine. i will put my pics up tomorrow, just lying down watching the action and wishing I was still there <ok>

Postby Roland

Thanks for the warning :redneck:

Who is the kid holding a camera in the first photo? I saw him wondering around and he looks somehow familiar but I don't know where from.

Postby Roland

Really? That's him? I'll speak to him next time I see him then. I had no idea that he was that young.

Postby Casey

Some of the pics from Sheffield -

Postby GJ

monique

cheers :D :) :ahh:

Postby Smart

First morning in Sheffield, had just met up with Casey (very briefly in Novotel) then a nice chat with Sonny in Crucible..... had not done hardly any filming with iPhone so this was a trial run. Some pre-amble with Rob Walker (the MC). <ok>

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq113/smartWC/?action=view&current=19042010003.flv

Carter vs Cope 2nd session ..... the walk ons !!! :D <cool>
http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq113/smartWC/?action=view&current=19042010004.flv

Steve Davis intro - literally had hair on my arms standing up - was a real buzz...... LEGEND :ahh:
http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq113/smartWC/?action=view&current=19042010005.flv

Here we have, just by chance, Mark Allen playing pool in the pub (on a disgustingly poor table in the Irish run pub just up from the Crucible in the square). Me and Adolf were both pretty wrecked and had a few games of pool and I managed a quick word with Allen, saying he would smash Day to smitherines, obviously it is now a match with MC Davis.......

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq113/smartWC/?action=view&current=19042010006.flv
Last edited by Smart on 25 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

AdolfMugabe (resident of SnookerIsland, great geezer, whisky drinker, pool hustler) meets Mark Allen (Northern Irelands hottest property). <cool>

StalinESQ meets Mark Allen. :D

Was rather drunk in this one, and had just got a free pint due to the barrels not working earlier and a bit of a mess around, anyway MC Davis was a nice bloke and played along when I told the Mrs he was gonna be 2010 world champ....... rofl

AdolfMugabe bumps into Marcus Campbell just after he is beaten by MJW...... a nice photo. <ok>

StalinESQ meets Campbell. He is just beaten, I am just jubilant...... <laugh>

Grolsch attack :wave:

Taking ones own photo..... took several attempts to centre my head in this shot. :redneck:

Postby Roland

Excellent! Now those snake hissed up texts make some sense :redneck:

Postby Casey

Smart where were you when you met Allen and Mark Davis?

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:Smart where were you when you met Allen and Mark Davis?

Casey - we were in the pub just up the square (where people drink outside in nice weather)..... tables had fag burns, rips and tobacco bits on them - really disgusting and made mine look divine. I spoke to him and mentioned you - and that you had been here and were a big fan and that you had played at the same club. I called you Casey and he did not click but then again I probably just came across as a drunk hammer..... <laugh>

Gotta say though he had the crack and shook my hand and I wished him well. Just a real cool dude he is :bowdown:

Met witz and his gambling side-kick..... last night they were playing "throw the pound coin nearest to the steps"........ think they were gutted cos Ebbo lost (and so did there bets) - mine won on Dotty (kerching) <laugh>

I had a great time but a couple of the sessions I decided to duck out of in favour of spending some time with the family ..... and to do some exercise in the hotel. Used the pool and step-o-meter and chilled.

Best match for me was Dotty vs Ebbo...... the re-rack with Dotty well up was tense, and there was a freak in the front row. He was overweight and was wearing a blue t-shirt and was warned for swearing and making a nuisance of himself. He was very pro-Dotty and also he was one of the seat hopper types ..... a guy with a season ticket turfed him out with great style at one point.

How many freaks are there at snooker matches....... had this conversation with mate Brian (with Coventry FC shirt). He agreed there are way too many freaks.

MC Davis is staying in Novotel (that is where I got his photo)..... nice bloke he seemed. <ok>

Surprised at how many complete miscues I witnissed....... Ryan Day for example. :redneck:

Postby Casey

Smart, when you mentioned me at the same club he probably thought about the Fountain club in Antrim (his main haunt)

The club I played in he occasionally came to is in Armagh and owned by Joe Shortt, that’s the guy that was speaking to Pat Mooney when I got an introduction for Sonny.

Glad you had good craic with him, going by the photos there was plenty of drink about <laugh>

I didn't see Mark Davis at the Novotel, but did see your mate. Does he have a season ticket? He seems to get in or around the same seat for most matches?