Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 3

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:So what does the draw look like for next year then? Someone must know. Do it with and without John Higgins. Do you think that means Jamie Cope gets his spot now?

Most likely, although it wouldn't surprise me if Hearn took the opportunity and created a masters qualifying style tournament for the 16th place...that would be cool :ahh:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I'm sorry but what Dott said is bull. I've gone from wanting him to win to wanting him to lose in one sweep.

tonight the few negative shots came from Dott and there wasent that much to be honest it was a possitive match with great safties played.

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:So what does the draw look like for next year then? Someone must know. Do it with and without John Higgins. Do you think that means Jamie Cope gets his spot now?

Yes Cope will get a spot if Higgins has done what he has done. For the sake of Higgins being innocent until proven guilty here are the draws;

Last 16 if Robertson wins

Robertson v Liang
Selby v Williams
Ding v Day
Dott v Carter
O'Sullivan v Fu
Hendry v Maguire
Murphy v Allen
King v Higgins

If Dott wins

Dott v Liang
Williams v Murphy
Robertson v Hendry
Day v Carter
O'Sullivan v Fu
Allen v Ding
Maguire v Selby
King v Higgins

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:Rolling rankings will be in place next season so we wont know the top 16 who qualify automatically till after the China Open 2011.

As for this John Higgins stuff, what are yous talking about?

Witz supposedly the ranking system would not be put in place until the season 2011/12

Higgins and the news of the world match fixing story

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:easier draw if robbo loses the final :chin: ;)

What a dilemma :redneck:

nah mate robbo fears no one :ahh:

Postby Roland

Actually scratch that <doh>

If Robbo wins then Selby avoids the half with Higgins/O'Sullivan.

Ah buck it, it's so stupid knowing the draw a year in advance. They need to sort themselves out with the new ranking system asap.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Actually scratch that <doh>

Ah intercourse it, it's so stupid knowing the draw a year in advance. They need to sort themselves out with the new ranking system asap.

Rolling rankings is the one thing i'm in favour as much as anything else, it works perfectly in tennis. Get this system in place then bucking hussy the tour out with tournaments.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:

Ah intercourse it, it's so stupid knowing the draw a year in advance. They need to sort themselves out with the new ranking system asap.

Rolling rankings is the one thing i'm in favour as much as anything else, it works perfectly in tennis. Get this system in place then bucking hussy the tour out with tournaments.

Well at the earliest it will be the 2011/12 season but at least if we know it will change I will be happy

Postby Witz78

bloody hell, i kept on seeing Higgins name getting brought up here over the last hour but didnt pay much attention and thought it was just some running banter from ages ago.

What a shock, Higgins the self proclaimed ambassador for snooker, this throws the game up in the air if hes been exposed Quinten Hann style. Unlike Hann, he certainly doesnt need the money, plus hes a champion, not a journeyman so he has a reputation to lose as well as his career.

The implications of this to snooker dont bear thinking about. Sadly given the front page nature of the story, ive no doubt that the evidence is conclusive. It was the NOTW that did up Hann too.

Postby Wildey

Ah buck it, it's so stupid knowing the draw a year in advance. They need to sort themselves out with the new ranking system asap.

he better avoid Dott Ronnie is a piece of snake hiss and god knows where john will be :huh2: <doh>

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:Ah well at least i can say i was at Higgins last ever game.......

I was there as well, however I am not sue what the WPBSA can do. he did not throw a match..now whilst agreeing to throw a match is enough to get banned (Hann) it wasn't proposed in WBPSA events.

So in reality as far as the WPBSA are concerned what power do they have? To them its no different in him throwing a few frames against practise partners in the local club.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:bloody hell, i kept on seeing Higgins name getting brought up here over the last hour but didnt pay much attention and thought it was just some running banter from ages ago.

What a shock, Higgins the self proclaimed ambassador for snooker, this throws the game up in the air if hes been exposed Quinten Hann style. Unlike Hann, he certainly doesnt need the money, plus hes a champion, not a journeyman so he has a reputation to lose as well as his career.

The implications of this to snooker dont bear thinking about. Sadly given the front page nature of the story, ive no doubt that the evidence is conclusive. It was the NOTW that did up Hann too.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/video/? ... =NOTW:News
higgins doesn't need £300k why has he done this???
instant ban, shame really

Postby Witz78

case_master wc wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Ah well at least i can say i was at Higgins last ever game.......

I was there as well, however I am not sue what the WPBSA can do. he did not throw a match..now whilst agreeing to throw a match is enough to get banned (Hann) it wasn't proposed in WBPSA events.

So in reality as far as the WPBSA are concerned what power do they have? To them its no different in him throwing a few frames against practise partners in the local club.

what matches did he agree to throw? championship league?

To be honest match fixing is match fixing regardless of where its done, if there evidence he agreed to then some sort of action has to be taken. Anything less is a cop out because of who he is.

Postby Tubberlad

There's a video link now on the News of the World site. It's sickening really. I don't care who he is, or when it happened. If the WSA can do nothing about it, Higgins should retire. His career is in tatters.