Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 3

Postby Alex0paul

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Well played Graeme Dott, you have to hand it to him. I'm particularly pleased for Alex0paul on here as he's continued to follow him & kept the faith.

Now I can start thinking about the Over 40's National Championships I'm playing in tomorrow in Co.Carlow. <laugh>

Cheers John. All the best in your matches.

I have to agree with Dott though. Selby was taking incredibly long for some of his shots especially the last shot.

Postby Bourne

I don't blame him one bit for taking his time at the end there. His last match for several months, the whole season buiding up to those moments ... he has a right to put every ounce of his will into it surely ?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

A little bit of naievety coming out from Graeme Dott there as he didn't need to say that me thinks. World semi's effect people, period, & if someone takes a little bit longer gathering their thoughts then so be it. He certainly hasn't done himself any favours by saying it.

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:Well Dott accusing anybody else of being negative is a little bit hypocritical. He might not have been negative this week, but he certainly was when he won it.

there is abit of needle between him and robbo i think

:ahh:

Postby onlyevertonjon

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Well Dott accusing anybody else of being negative is a little bit hypocritical. He might not have been negative this week, but he certainly was when he won it.

You know for someone who comes across as a shy but "sound" fella Robertson seems to have needle with a couple of players! <ok>

Postby GJ

onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

You know for someone who comes across as a shy but "sound" fella Robertson seems to have needle with a couple of players! <ok>

doesnt abuse refs though

<cool>

Postby Casey

onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Any names?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Is this the biggest sporting occasion you've had yet as a fan of any sport GJ ?

yes just shades the ashes as snooker is my number 1 sport

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:Is this the biggest sporting occasion you've had yet as a fan of any sport GJ ?

Ashes comes along every two years, might only get one shot for Robbo in a World final !

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Ashes comes along every two years, might only get one shot for Robbo in a World final !

;)

Postby onlyevertonjon

:ahh:[/quote]

You know for someone who comes across as a shy but "sound" fella Robertson seems to have needle with a couple of players! <ok>[/quote]

Any names?[/quote]

Wasnt there something as well with Maguire a few years back in a minor comp? Also I read an interview with John Higgins about 2 years ago where he mentioned how he hated "fist pumping" and antics round the table. Its hard to explain really how but to me it seemed like a dig at Robertson.

Ref abuse is wrong...unless it was Len Ganley!

Or me abusing Tabb in some way. :evilgrin:

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul wrote:4th proper qualifier to reach a World Final
4th qualifier Robertson has faced in the tournament
4th qualifier Robertson has faced in a ranking final

Fair to say ... Robbo will take that ;)

Postby Casey

Well Dott might not be officially top 16, but he is really. Certainly provisionally, Dott has played better than anybody else this week…so regardless of ranking or the name, Robbo will have to beat the form man to win