Topic locked

Wyldecrest Parks to sponsor the Welsh Open

Postby Monique

http://www.global-snooker.com/global-sn ... 110208.asp
Wyldecrest Parks have announced on their website that they will proudly sponsor this year’s Welsh Open at Newport Centre.

80 players are currently doing battle in World Snooker’s Academy in Sheffield to book one of the sixteen places available at the final venue where they will each one of the current top-16 ranked players.

Home-favourite Mark Williams will be in action fresh from his win on German soil and Allister Carter will be looking to reach his third Welsh final in a row.

Wyldecrest also sponsored the World Seniors championship which Jimmy White won just before Christmas.

Wyldecrest Parks are one of the largest Mobile Home Park operators in the South East of England, aimed at retired and semi-retired people.

Re: Wyldecrest Parks to sponsor the Welsh Open

Postby Roland

For all those who love the rainy Welsh caravanning holidays <laugh>

A bit worrying though isn't it? I'd prefer a bookie or something like WKD to this for a sponsor.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:For all those who love the rainy Welsh caravanning holidays <laugh>

A bit worrying though isn't it? I'd prefer a bookie or something like WKD to this for a sponsor.

bucking whingey sod, you.

Barry Hearn brings in Ladbrookes Mobile, 12bet.com and Betfred.com, and you're going; "You know what, we don't have enough bookies sponsoring events." <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

A sponsor is a sponsor at the end of the day. It might be nice to have somebody who has a presence at the event, but in reality do you watch the snooker for who sponsors the event?

As long as World Snooker have somebody bringing some muller in, we can't really complain.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:A sponsor is a sponsor at the end of the day. It might be nice to have somebody who has a presence at the event, but in reality do you watch the snooker for who sponsors the event?

As long as World Snooker have somebody bringing some muller in, we can't really complain.

NO, but to have the Smirnoff Ice World Champs and have a guy sat there from Jockoland with a bottle of Smirnoff Ice in the crowd, that would be special. :wave:

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:I'd like Smirnoff Ice to sponsor an event, this would be extra specially cool for Witz :limp:

cant beat the good ole Smirnoff Ice, its down to about number 4 on my most commonly drunk drink.

Actually reminds me of a story from the Crucible last year, bought a bottle then decided instead of doing my usual and slying it in with me, id get a plastic glass from the bar and walk in normal with it as itd look like lemonade :innocent: Silly cow at the bar spotted what i was up to and stopped me, saying only soft drinks could be put in the plastic glasses <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:I'd like Smirnoff Ice to sponsor an event, this would be extra specially cool for Witz :limp:

cant beat the good ole Smirnoff Ice, its down to about number 4 on my most commonly drunk drink.

Actually reminds me of a story from the Crucible last year, bought a bottle then decided instead of doing my usual and slying it in with me, id get a plastic glass from the bar and walk in normal with it as itd look like lemonade :innocent: Silly cow at the bar spotted what i was up to and stopped me, saying only soft drinks could be put in the plastic glasses <doh>

They have some retarded rules at The Crucible sometimes.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

They have some retarded rules at The Crucible sometimes.

yeh the worst has to be only letting you into the bar / bookies area if you have a ticket for the actual snooker.

the bar / bookies could make a killing whilst the snookers on.

Last year it was usually just me and my mate, Front Row Brian and Angus "Statto" Laughran at the bookies bit whilst there was matches in play rofl

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

If Hamlet cigars were to sponsor the Worlds you could grow your "hair" for the Crucible :idea:

Image :D :D

do you expect smart to buy a wig or hair peice

:wave: <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:yeh the worst has to be only letting you into the bar / bookies area if you have a ticket for the actual snooker.

the bar / bookies could make a killing whilst the snookers on.

Last year it was usually just me and my mate, Front Row Brian and Angus "Statto" Laughran at the bookies bit whilst there was matches in play rofl

It's the people that are on the Red Door that are tossers. I was ther one match, and had been in the 10:00am session, and the 2:30pm session, which didn't finish until 6:45pm. I decided to have a snake hiss, and then a burger and miss the first frame. But then, I managed to have done both, and brought a bottle of Diet Coke by 7:02pm, so I thought I'd go in and catch the frame I'd intended to miss.

The guys on the door said; "Sorry, we can't let you in." I asked why not, and they said; "You might disturb play." I looked at the screen, and nobody had come to the tables, not even Rob Walker. I enquired as to what play they thought I'd interrupt. And they said; "The play that is about to commence." So I pointed out that I'd be in my seat before the play started. To which they said; "Sorry, sir. You'll have to wait until mid-session." I pointed out that at mid-session they will be one game going on, so there'll be more play then there is happening at that moment. But they wouldn't let me in, as even though nothing was happening on the tables "Rules were rules." <doh>