Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Roland

This is where he'll get edgy. The cut back red to yellow pocket wasn't that difficult really, it was a definite tight arm shot, as was the next attempt a long red. I will be very very surprised if Stevens wins. If he does then fair play to him obviously.

Rest avoidance and miss/out of position watch is also on

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:This is where he'll get edgy. The cut back red to yellow pocket wasn't that difficult really, it was a definite tight arm shot, as was the next attempt a long red. I will be very very surprised if Stevens wins. If he does then fair play to him obviously.

Rest avoidance and miss/out of position watch is also on

Indeed, suddenly all the pressure on him, absolutely no chance he can see this out. Even at 4-3, he'll find a way to lose.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:my prediction contest hopes are desintergrating tonight with Ding

he is taking a robbo style attitude fine tuning

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:my prediction contest hopes are desintergrating tonight with Ding

he is taking a robbo style attitude fine tuning

fine tuning is beat players and rub their nose in the dirt <ok>

Postby Roland

http://prosnookerblog.com/2011/02/17/an ... sheffield/

Feb
An early look ahead to Sheffield…

by matt2745
4tweetsretweet

Top Quarter

Neil Robertson (1)
Qualifier
Marco Fu (16)
Qualifier

Graeme Dott (9)
Qualifier
Ali Carter (8)
Qualifier

Second Quarter

Ding Junhui (5)
Qualifier
Peter Ebdon (12)
Qualifier

Stephen Hendry (13)
Qualifier
Mark Selby (4)
Qualifier

Third Quarter

Mark Williams (3)
Qualifier
Jamie Cope (14)
Qualifier

Mark Allen (11)
Qualifier
Stephen Maguire (6)
Qualifier

Bottom Quarter

Shaun Murphy (7)
Qualifier
Ronnie O’Sullivan (10)
Qualifier

Ricky Walden (15)
Qualifier
John Higgins (2)
Qualifier

Interesting stuff I’m sure you will agree. So what can still change? The big one is the positions of John Higgins and Mark Williams which could change if Mark were to make this week’s final and see John lose out to Matthew Stevens tomorrow for example. Looking at the potential draw, I am not sure that being second is a particular advantage, indeed I would probably prefer the third spot to avoid Ronnie O’Sullivan and Shaun Murphy.

Speaking of Ronnie, Graeme Dott’s win against Neil Robertson tonight saw Graeme bump Ronnie down to 10th, something that ironically enough is probably good news for Neil as he will not surely be unhappy to have the ‘big three’ all in the other half to him.

Other possible movers? Ding and Selby are near enough level on points at the moment so if Ding were to advance a round further, those two would switch places. Ali Carter with a good run could jump ahead of Shaun Murphy and Stephen Maguire and having reached the final here for the past two years that cannot be ruled out.

Finally, Matthew Stevens could move into 16th position if he could make the final, or 15th if he can win it. He faces a tough match against John Higgins next but again, it is feasible that he could do it.

Carter could flip halves with Murphy or Maguire.

I'd rather have him in the lower half to be honest, I think he's more dangerous to Selby and Robbo than the other two.

Postby Bourne

Higgins vs Carter
Selby vs Maguire

Repeat of last year's final, and a match between the two players who flirted with 'greatness' around the same time but both went backwards :chin: Gota say on paper it's Higgins vs Selby which would be a very exciting proposition but there's usually some upsets at this stage of a tournament and i'd be surprised if the weekend was any different.