Topic locked

Bank Of Beijing To Sponsor China Open

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/ChinaO ... 23,00.html

The world ranking tournament runs from March 28 to April 3 and will be known as the Bank of Beijing 2011 World Snooker China Open.

Staged at the Beijing Student University Stadium, the event will see Mark Williams defending his title against the world's top players, including home favourite Ding Junhui.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "Our thanks go to the Bank of Beijing for showing their support of snooker by sponsoring this highly prestigious tournament. Our gratitude also goes to the China Billiards and Snooker Association and promoter International Sports Limited for their outstanding work in the delivery of this event.

"The growth of snooker in China continues apace - evident in the recent Masters final when Ding played Hong Kong's Marco Fu. We look ahead to another step forward for our sport in China with what is sure to be a superb event later this month."

Re: Bank Of Beijing To Sponsor China Open

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:old news this :D:

was hoping the Bookies of Beijing were sponsors of this instead.

I know. All this branching out they do to other industries they do. It's a bucking disgrace.

Postby Steve K

I really like the sponsors that the Chinese get for theirevents. The Shanghai Masters is and has been sponsered for a while by Roewe which is a car company and the last year the China Open was sponsered by Sanyuan Foods and now the bank this year its a nice variety.

Hopefully in a few years we will be able to get some top-class sponsors for our events because at the moment the only "mainstream" name probably is Betfred and it would be nice to get away from bookies if possible due to all the scandals of recent years.

Postby SnookerFan

Ladbrookes are pretty mainstream.

And believe it or not, I thought Pukka Pies were an excellent sponsor. They had a real presence at the venue. You could buy the pies there, they were advertised all over the venue, and they had the Pukka Pies band turn up when we were queueing up to get in. Mark King had a go on the drums and everything.

What with Ding winning his body weight in pies, I thought their input as a sponsor was excellent.

Postby SnookerFan

You would think some kind of beer, or snacks company would get involved, wouldn't you?

The reason so many betting companies sponsor, is because you might go out and have a bet in between sessions. You may also buy beer, or crsips or whatever too. You're unlikely to buy fine quality watches or insurance from Saga are you? :huh2:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:You would think some kind of beer, or snacks company would get involved, wouldn't you?

The reason so many betting companies sponsor, is because you might go out and have a bet in between sessions. You may also buy beer, or crsips or whatever too. You're unlikely to buy fine quality watches or insurance from Saga are you? :huh2:

Tesco/ASDA hatah :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

You might pop to Tescos or ASDA if you saw them advertised in the venue........................... :| :no: :| :no:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:You would think some kind of beer, or snacks company would get involved, wouldn't you?

Tesco/ASDA hatah :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

You might pop to Tescos or ASDA if you saw them advertised in the venue........................... :| :no: :| :no:

The fine quality watches was a reference to Royal London Watches, and Saga Insurance was a reference to the sponsor of the Masters a few years ago. I didn't even mention Tesco or ASDA. Fool.

Postby Steve K

SnookerFan wrote:Ladbrookes are pretty mainstream.

And believe it or not, I thought Pukka Pies were an excellent sponsor. They had a real presence at the venue. You could buy the pies there, they were advertised all over the venue, and they had the Pukka Pies band turn up when we were queueing up to get in. Mark King had a go on the drums and everything.

What with Ding winning his body weight in pies, I thought their input as a sponsor was excellent.

Ah forgot about Ladbrokes it was nice having them.

Postby Wildey

Steve K wrote:I really like the sponsors that the Chinese get for theirevents. The Shanghai Masters is and has been sponsered for a while by Roewe which is a car company and the last year the China Open was sponsered by Sanyuan Foods and now the bank this year its a nice variety.

Hopefully in a few years we will be able to get some top-class sponsors for our events because at the moment the only "mainstream" name probably is Betfred and it would be nice to get away from bookies if possible due to all the scandals of recent years.

yes but whats encouraraging is that bookies want to be involved with snooker after players are acused of scamming them lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Steve K wrote:I really like the sponsors that the Chinese get for theirevents. The Shanghai Masters is and has been sponsered for a while by Roewe which is a car company and the last year the China Open was sponsered by Sanyuan Foods and now the bank this year its a nice variety.

yes but whats encouraraging is that bookies want to be involved with snooker after players are acused of scamming them lol

This is true.