Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 15 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

Day 15 and D Day.

who will be the two men standing tonight ?

4 men with a mission.

John Higgins could pull himself clear of Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Spencer and reach 4 World Titles.

Mark Williams Could Join Ronnie O'Sullivan,John Spencer and John Higgins on 3 World Titles.

Ding Junhui after a Australian World Champion how about Taking it to china and rubber stamp their dedication to the growth of Snooker.

or Finally

Judd Trump who took his time to settle as a Pro but at 21 he could be the second youngest World Champion having only Few Weeks ago win his maiden Ranking Title.

Who ever wins through it will be a Great Final.

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Saturday 30th of April

10am

Mark Williams 9-7 John Higgins

2.30pm

Judd Trump 12-12 Ding Junhuiconclusion

7pm

Mark Williams v John Higginsconclusion

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 15 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

GOOD LUCK

DINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

HIGGINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby GJ

true

i think ding needs to go for the throat as trump will do that

Ifding plays like last eyars chhampion did in the final few frames in round 1 he will lose IMO

too cautious

Postby Caledonian Craig

I have a feeling Judd Trump's more attacking play will force more openings and he has now proven he can handle a very poor session and bounce back and will feel stronger for that. Of course Ding is right in there with a fighting chance but am more inclined to think he may just miss out.

As for the other semi it is still well-balanced and both are evenly matched. It could still go either way but have a sneaky feeling that the more comfortable matches Williams have had leave him that little bit fresher and I think he will win through.

Postby jojo

i think williams will win the morning session 5-3 today he was all over higgins but i dont know why people are so surprised higgins came out level in the session this is what he does best when he not at his best on a bad day he really good when it comes to damage limitation mode

the difference with williams though compared to other players is he wont let what happened today bother him one bit wheras most other players would have mentally collapsed thinking they missed the boat

every aspect of williams game today was good he still has a two frame lead and if he gets a couple of early frames tomorrow even someone as good as higgins wont be able to keep coming back against a mentally tough rock like williams

williams will lead going into the final session either 14-10 at worst case 13-11

the only thing keeping higgins in the tournament is his ability to scrape and hang in there when not playing well when up against players testing him ie ronnie and williams which is probably a sign that he actually is in decline or has started to decline

Postby DavieMac

jojo wrote:i think williams will win the morning session 5-3 today he was all over higgins but i dont know why people are so surprised higgins came out level in the session this is what he does best when he not at his best on a bad day he really good when it comes to damage limitation mode

the difference with williams though compared to other players is he wont let what happened today bother him one bit wheras most other players would have mentally collapsed thinking they missed the boat

every aspect of williams game today was good he still has a two frame lead and if he gets a couple of early frames tomorrow even someone as good as higgins wont be able to keep coming back against a mentally tough rock like williams

williams will lead going into the final session either 14-10 at worst case 13-11

the only thing keeping higgins in the tournament is his ability to scrape and hang in there when not playing well when up against players testing him ie ronnie and williams which is probably a sign that he actually is in decline or has started to decline

If he's in decline then God help every other player if he finds top form.

I do agree with you that Williams will lead going into the final session.

Postby GJ

DavieMac wrote:
jojo wrote:i think williams will win the morning session 5-3 today he was all over higgins but i dont know why people are so surprised higgins came out level in the session this is what he does best when he not at his best on a bad day he really good when it comes to damage limitation mode

If he's in decline then God help every other player if he finds top form.

I do agree with you that Williams will lead going into the final session.

Only top and i mean top players can beat higgins when he is at his best

2009 grand prix semi a prime example :win: :hatoff:

i think the uk final may hold williams back and higgins will win

Postby Roland

If you think the UK final will have affected Williams then you don't know what he's about.

If I was being impartial I would say Williams is dominating the match and is playing better than Higgins and is due a few kindly nudges. I can't see his standard dropping and I also can't see Higgins suddenly recapturing his form of a couple of years ago.

But because I'm in fanboy mode I'm scared shitless Williams has missed the boat and Higgins will get a timely fluke and run of centuries post fluke and end up winning without Williams playing a single bad shot.

I will settle for 5-3 to Williams in the morning session, then I'll know he's definitely not going to lose.

Postby Roland

Yes but Williams is the one single player out of all the professionals who will not let it bother him. Martin Gould has that about him as well but he's not as good as Mark Williams. If it goes 16-16 and Williams gets one of those long straight reds where the red is middle of the table and white is near baulk cushion, then he is just as likely to slot it in in that frame as if it was 5-5 or 10-6 or 1-10 or whatever the score is.

Postby GJ

fair enough mate you have supported him for years so you no what he is about

i hope we get at least 1 decider tomorrow

Postby jojo

i think he is in decline but his worst is very good ie when he scraping that why hes still in

how often is higgins going to be at his best ? he cant keep relying on just scrambling damage limitation sessions like against ronnie and williams eventually it will catch up with him

against lee in the first session they both missed so many pots higgins wasnt anywhere near his best in that match and against rory i wont even bother commenting on

what swung the match his way was the second session against ronnie then we all remember the fluke to finish him off in the last frame

so my point is he not really been able to produce his a game in any of the matches but you cant keep relying on damage limitation sessions and relying on other players playing badly making mistakes ie lee and mcleod and ronnie not punishing him

higgins is there for the taking against lesser mentally strong players higgins more than capable of winning but williams wont let today effect him

dont forget only a kick stopped dott from knocking higgins out in the last 16 stage of the uk a lot of people forget that he was 7-8 and 0-46 points down to dott who missed a straight red due to a kick with the balls there for him

higgins not invincible but he cant keep relying on his c and d game and opponents letting him off the hook

add to that players like ding and trump getting stronger pretty soon they wont be lacking in belief like players like cope and maguire do
Last edited by jojo on 29 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

He's human, yes he's laid-back but if it goes close I think the UK will enter both players' heads, whether it will adversely affect either I doubt but a UK final is a big deal and Zmark is almost playing catch-up because he should have one major already this season.