Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship The Final Day 1 Discussio

Postby Casey

Caledonian Craig wrote:
Wild wrote:Judd needs this

cant see john playing this poor tomorrow.

Who needs it more though? Judd or John?

That's a really good question.

In 17 frames John's highest break is 64 so its hard to see him playing any worse. That said though a 3 frame cushion for Judd would be massive.

I would say John needs it more.

Postby Caledonian Craig

I would say that in tomorrow afternoon's session John Higgins has to win it at least 5-3 to pull it back to 12-13 - anything less and it will be asking a lot for him to win. Judd Trump looking solid and if he picks up the title your mind has to wander on to ask how many world titles can he win?

Postby Casey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Higgins was looking shattered by the end there. Trump may have an awful night sleep given the position he is in.

I don't think anything will phase Trump. Although you would think at some stage in this final Higgins will start winning frames in one visit? :chin:

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:One thing Higgins will take positive from is that Trump isn't winning frames in one visit. Saying that I don't think Higgins is playing well enough to come back hard enough from this :chin:

yes lets be honest here Judds Breakbuilding is poor at this level TBH so he will give chances even if he gets in you cant pot everything and it would be easier for him with better cueball control.

you look at the great Breakbuilders and they make a break look so easy any fool could make it with Trump it looks so difficult.

Postby Caledonian Craig

Now I know its early days but just supposing (and its looking a little more likely now) that Judd Trump wins the world title then how many can he go on to win? Could he go on a Hendry-esque run of domination at the Crucible? It is possible and there are similarities between the eras. Whereas Hendry came in as dominant forces like Davis, Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were on the wain then the same could be said of Higgins, Williams and O'Sullivan. Also when Hendry broke through he was the stand out of the young generation and Judd Trump is also the same. Thoughts?