Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby Empire State Human

John Spencer's last season (1992-93) consisted entirely of walkovers. He did lose 10-0 in the 1992 World Championship, but that was to Bjorn L'Orange of Norway.

Joe Johnson is the correct answer - well done SnookerEd. He lost 10-0 to Ian Preece in the 2004 World Championship. Johnson played only 2 matches in his last season and was badly hampered by a broken foot/ankle which happened at the start of the season. Even at the season's end, it caused him pain after a few frames, and he retired part way through the match.

Postby chengdufan

Edit: didn't spot that there was a new page with the answer on.

Postby SnookerEd25

Ok, let's wrap up 'Ray Reardon's Bedside Snooker' (1983) player of the past identifications with this description of a player's style :

Who plays with his head cocked at an 'impossible' angle halfway down one side of his cue?

Postby SnookerEd25

Not Dougie M., I would say he is (was) ultra-conventional in his playing style!

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:John Virgo

Not JV, his beard would have had a velcro effect with the cloth had he played like that, and could have had disastrous consequences...

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Perrie Mans

Not Mr. Mans; his style was definitely 'different' but not to the extent of the gentleman in question here...

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:Graham Miles

Correct!

'Graham Miles is the contortionist. We can not understand how he manages to see what he is doing, but there is a theory going round that he has a third eyeball in his left ear!'

Got to pop out for a bit, but when I get back I will post the final cartoon to the Twitter group.

Over to ChengduFan :clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Ed:

Use http://www.hostimage.com to host the image, get the image link (is simple)

Click on the image icon on the toolbar on SI (between the chain link and speaker buttons)

Paste in the link of the image

You can do it!

I will have a try when back in Dan, but if it results in WW3 it’s on you mate <ok>

( I saw ‘War Games’ when I was a kid; never quite recovered...)

Postby chengdufan

Last time I was in England watching snooker, the commentary team would always mention Miles whenever a similar style player was on.

What's the name of the film starring Stephen Chow and Jimmy White?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

chengdufan wrote:Last time I was in England watching snooker, the commentary team would always mention Miles whenever a similar style player was on.

Black and White Milk Chow

Postby chengdufan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Last time I was in England watching snooker, the commentary team would always mention Miles whenever a similar style player was on.

Black and White Milk Chow

Perhaps surprisingly, there is a Chinese film called 'The Black and White Milk Cow'. Alas, neither Chow nor White star in it.

Postby rekoons

I once read something about a movie with Jimmy white in it in the early '90s, it was called Legend of the dragon or something like that.

Postby chengdufan

rekoons wrote:I once read something about a movie with Jimmy white in it in the early '90s, it was called Legend of the dragon or something like that.

Spot on. Legend of the Dragon.

Very good film!

Over to you Rekoons

Postby rekoons

Who holds the record for most centuries in one tournament? I need the player, tournament and year.

Postby Andre147

Hendry, 2002 World Champs, 16 centuries

Postby rekoons

Andre147 wrote:Hendry, 2002 World Champs, 16 centuries

:spot on:

Over to you!

Postby Andre147

Name the 3 players to have done 7 century breaks in one match, it's the record for a single match overall.

Name and tournament.

Postby Juddernaut88

Errrrm Stephen Maguire 7 centuries in Tour championship 2020
Mark Allen world championship 2020
Stephen Hendry 1994 UK championship