Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Big Show

He's done it :D Bigshow was the first man eliminated, then Mick Foley.
Triple H ended up winning the match and defending the title thanks to Vince McMahon betraying The Rock!

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:But who died?

Owen Hart is the one that died in the ring from a stunt gone badly wrong.

Plenty of others have died over the years. Test, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, China, Grand Master Sexay, Some through drugs and a few committed suicide.

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:

Plenty of others have died over the years. Test, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, China, Grand Master Sexay, Some through drugs and a few committed suicide.

Seems to have been loads of premature deaths of ex wrestlers over the last few years.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Seems to have been loads of premature deaths of ex wrestlers over the last few years.

Steroids + lots of conks on the head

Postby James Bentley

I think what Prop was referring to in particular was this:

Juddernaut88 wrote:The main event at Wrestlemania 16 was a fatal 4 way elimination match featuring Triple H, The Rock, Mankind and who else?

Was it really promoted like that? Pretty bad taste if it was, even for the cartoonish world of professional wrestling.

Postby Iranu

James Bentley wrote:I think what Prop was referring to in particular was this:

Juddernaut88 wrote:The main event at Wrestlemania 16 was a fatal 4 way elimination match featuring Triple H, The Rock, Mankind and who else?

Was it really promoted like that? Pretty bad taste if it was, even for the cartoonish world of professional wrestling.

Hoooo boy, if you think that’s in poor taste don’t look up Casket Matches.

Four-way matches are always known as Fatal Four-Ways in WWE. To be honest I don’t think it’s in bad taste really. Things and events are described as synonyms for deadly all the time.

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I've got the answer already.

Correct, over to you!

The question of course being: what is forum member Jack50’s high break in snooker?

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I've got the answer already.

Correct, over to you!

The question of course being: what is forum member Jack50’s high break in snooker?

Ha! For all we know he’s had a ton since getting the new stick :-)

Postby Dan-cat

Perfect score HC.

I would have also accepted Zaphod Beeblebrox and Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Viva Douglas Adams. I re-read the first Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy a couple of weeks ago, an absolute joy, finished it in two days. I must have read that whole series, all 4 books in the increasingly inaccurately Trilogy 5 or 6 times as a teenager. Fuelled my passion for mixing fun with creativity.

Postby HappyCamper

in 1979 douglas adams served as script editor for which long running television drama series, during his tenure he wrote the script for serial city of death credited under the pseudonym david agnew, one of the series's most popular storylines?

Postby HappyCamper

James Bentley wrote:Doctor Who?

correct. he had previously written for the series and an aborted script called dr who and the krikkitmen would form the basis of the third hhgttg book life, the universe, and everything.

Postby HappyCamper

there was a film of it a year or two ago. i remember kermode and mayo would always sing the title to dr beat by miami sound machine on their podcast.

Postby HappyCamper

Occurring during sleep, nocturnal bruxism is a condition affecting which part of the human body?

Postby James Bentley

HappyCamper wrote:Occurring during sleep, nocturnal bruxism is a condition affecting which part of the human body?

The mouth. Bruxism is grinding of teeth.

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:I know this too well unfortunately. It’s grinding of the teeth.

In first by a gnat's crotchet! From the Greek brukhe.