Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby James Bentley

I fully expected this to go within about two minutes and we'd be onto questions about dinosaurs by now.

Other songs by this band are Spy In The House Of Love, Out Come The Freaks and Shake Your Head (the latter of which featured Kim Basinger and Ozzy Osbourne).

Postby SnookerEd25

Isn’t the correct full name of the band, including parenthesis :

Was (Not Was)

Important difference, I think...

Postby James Bentley

SnookerEd25 wrote:Isn’t the correct full name of the band, including parenthesis :

Was (Not Was)

Important difference, I think...

Well yes, of course, but I was losing the will to live as such an easy question had gone on so long. Iranu obviously knew the correct answer and mixed up the order as a joke.

Postby HappyCamper

the band was not was was not it was was not was. the guess was was was not not was not was. so the guess was not the band was it!?

Postby James Bentley

Iranu wrote:Ed should ask the next question

Wow, I seriously misinterpreted this whole thing. Sorry about that. But seriously, has no-one here heard of Was (Not Was)?

Postby HappyCamper

I knew the song, but didn't get the band until the first clue; but held off to set up the joke in the greatest hits quiz.

Postby James Bentley

I hope you're all not waiting for me to do something here, but I'd hate to be responsible for killing this excellent thread, so here's where I am on this. I was happy for Iranu to take the win as I thought he was joking by mixing up the order of the words in Was (Not Was). But his post above seems to indicate not, so SnookerEd has the win instead. Let that be the end of the matter. And needless to say I'll learn be more careful in future.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ed gave me permission to post a question so here it is. Which player scored 99 goals for Arsenal in all competitions. He went on to play for several different clubs. I won't mention them straight away as that will instantly give it away.

Postby Juddernaut88

Not Wiltord he scored 49 goals for Arsenal. The most memorable of his Arsenal goals for me me was the winner at Old Trafford in May 2002 to win the title for Arsenal :D

Postby SnookerEd25

It was Merse.

He’s a favourite of mine and I have a follow-up question ready for once :happy:

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:It was Merse.

He’s a favourite of mine and I have a follow-up question ready for once :happy:

Correct :hatoff: that stat of 99 goals is annoying. If only he could have scored just 1 more for Arsenal lol

Postby SnookerEd25

Paul Merson came through the youth ranks at Arsenal but who did he spend a two month loan period with in the 1986/87 season before making his breakthrough at Highbury?

Postby SnookerEd25

No, although he did score on his full debut for Arsenal - at the original Plough Lane…