Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Elizabeth for one of the daughters?

(sucking up to the Queen...)

Good try, but no

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:His son was like one letter away from being Hamlet iirc.

So, Hamlen maybe?

Good try, but no

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:I wish I'd paid more attention when Upstart Crow was on the tele. Was there a daughter called Anne?

Anne Hathaway was his wife.

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Steven

Happy Camper has allllmost got the boy's name.

Clue: pig trap

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:Hamnet(t)

LDS takes it.

The boy, who died of the plague aged 11, was named Hamnet, a common given name at the time. His twin sister was Judith, and their older sister was Susanna

Postby LDS

Which Vincent Price masterpiece see him play an old Shakespearian actor who gets so full of rage, because he is so persistently overlooked by the critic's circle come awards time, that he decides to bump them all off, one-by-one, all in wonderfully Shakespearian ways? It also stars the recently late and much beloved Dianna Rig as his faithful and accomplice daughter.

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:Which Vincent Price masterpiece see him play an old Shakespearian actor who gets so full of rage, because he is so persistently overlooked by the critic's circle come awards time, that he decides to bump them all off, one-by-one, all in wonderfully Shakespearian ways? It also stars the recently late and much beloved Dianna Rig as his faithful and accomplice daughter.

This sounds amazing! Looking forward to seeing the answer

Postby HappyCamper

Dr Phibes? That had Price seeking elaborate revenge, though not sure the title character was an actor.

Postby HappyCamper

After reviewing IMDb the full title was in fact the Abominable Dr. Phibes. The titular character was an organist and saught revenge inspired by the ten biblical plagues of Egypt. There was also a sequel Dr. Phibes Rises Gain.

Postby LDS

Oh right, lol, well I'm quite surprised by this as the beeb has shown it sporadically for years and I've no doubt they'd have shown it following Rigg's death earlier this year. And it's not one that onyone would forget in a hurry <laugh>

It was called Theatre of Blood (1973) & also starred a whole host of other acting legends.

In the trivia section Price is noted as saying it was his favourite of all of his as well. Well worth a gander during a prolonged safety exchange.

Ok, I'll set one that will definitely be a more first to see it wins it follow-on question:

What film saw Vincent Price's last physical live appearance in a movie?

Postby SnookerEd25

<doh>

Should have got ‘Theatre of Blood’. Stupid me :no:

He was in ‘Edward Scissorhands’ which was released a couple of years before he died so I’ll guesss that?

Postby SnookerEd25

LDS wrote:Yes, that's it, Ed, over to you.

Cheers <ok>

No relation to Vincent, but Dennis Price starred in a film in which he bumped off several generations of one family, each incarnation (8 roles, I think) played by Alec Guinness.

Name the film