Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby SnookerEd25

Keeping the spirit of this alive, the new question links to the previous answer :

Who was known as the father of Journalism?

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:pulitzer? not sure what he has to do with biccies mind.

First name?

Nah, I'll give it ya - Joseph Pulitzer.

Over to you, HC :clap: :clap:

Postby HappyCamper

in which eastern european country was renowned journalist and founder of the eponymous awards, joseph pulitzer born?

Postby SnookerEd25

I will.

Name the famous Hungarian restaurant (nw closed) in Soho (London version), noted scene of many a left-wing political plot...

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerEd25 wrote:I will.

Name the famous Hungarian restaurant (nw closed) in Soho (London version), noted scene of many a left-wing political plot...

Nandos?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerEd25 wrote:I will.

Pizza Express

Postby SnookerEd25

Perhaps it is not as well known as I thought it was. I thought Dan, as a man of the world, would know it at least. We will see, when he finally drags himself out of bed.

I will leave it on the board ‘til the action gets underway this afternoon; if there is no correct answer I will set a new question.

Postby HappyCamper

I ate in a really nice Hungarian restaurant in London once, but that was in Kensington not Soho. So it can't be that one.

Think I'd probably recognise the name of it were multiple choice. I'll guess Granita as that was the place of the infamous Blair Brown pact.

Postby SnookerEd25

not Granita.

OK : multiple choice -

A. the Noble Rot
B. the Gay Hussar
C. Aranka Csarda

Postby HappyCamper

Sticking with the Magyar gastronomic theme. Famed for its high fat content, the Mangalitza is an Hungarian breed of which farm animal?

Postby Iranu

On which political figure did George Orwell base the character of Napoleon in his allegory Animal Farm?

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:On which political figure did George Orwell base the character of Napoleon in his allegory Animal Farm?

Uncle Joe Stalin?

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:On which political figure did George Orwell base the character of Napoleon in his allegory Animal Farm?

Uncle Joe Stalin?

Give the guy a sickle! Correct <ok>