Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby Iranu

Not presque vu, which is the feeling when a word is on the tip of your tongue but you can’t quite think of it (in fact I think it might even mean tip of the tongue).

Postby James Bentley

All I can think of is face-blindness, which has a medical name that I can't remember, pros- something, but that's a bit specific and I think you're looking for something more general.

Postby Iranu

James Bentley wrote:All I can think of is face-blindness, which has a medical name that I can't remember, pros- something, but that's a bit specific and I think you're looking for something more general.

You seem to be thinking of prosopagnosia which as you suggest isn’t what I’m thinking of.

The phrase translates to “never seen.”

Postby rekoons

It's sometimes handy to come from a multilingual country.

Name the three official languages in Belgium - from most spoken to least spoken.

Postby HappyCamper

dutch, french, german

not sure if flemish and walloon are considered dialects of dutch and french, or languages in their own right.

Postby rekoons

HappyCamper wrote:dutch, french, german

not sure if flemish and walloon are considered dialects of dutch and french, or languages in their own right.

Happycamper is correct!

Flemish and walloon could indeed be seen as dialects of Dutch and French. They're not separate languages. That's why I would've counted both dutch or flemish as correct.

Postby HappyCamper

considered the national dish of belgium, moules-frites has which seafood as it's primary ingredient?

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:Who was known as ‘the muscles from Brussels’?

Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Who was known as ‘the muscles from Brussels’?

Jean-Claude Van Damme

Of course. Bit on the easy side, but I liked the way it tied in with the last two questions :chuckle:

Over to you Iranu <ok>

Postby Iranu

Jean-Claude Van Damme guest starred in an episode of which sitcom as himself? Two of the main characters fight for his attention.

Postby Iranu

James Bentley wrote:Friends? Would be the right sort of era and I can imagine it as a plot line.

Correct! :D

Postby James Bentley

Who wrote the BBC sitcom 'Just Good Friends'? He is more renowned for writing another long-running and much better-known comedy series.