Post a reply

Re: The Missing Vowels Quiz!

Postby James Bentley

McManusFan wrote:THSHTTSNLMPRVDBSMNSHTNGYLLW

The Shoot Out is only improved by someone shouting "yellow"

This answer only works if you assume 'Y' is a vowel at the start of the clue but switches to being a consonant halfway through.

Postby McManusFan

James Bentley wrote:

This answer only works if you assume 'Y' is a vowel at the start of the clue but switches to being a consonant halfway through.

Correct. I was a bit of a hammer with my ys.

Postby chengdufan

James Bentley wrote:

Technically, McManusFan was spot on with his y's. The /i/ in only and the /ai/ in by are vowels, while the /j/ in yellow is a consonant.

Postby James Bentley

chengdufan wrote:
James Bentley wrote:

Technically, McManusFan was spot on with his y's. The /i/ in only and the /ai/ in by are vowels, while the /j/ in yellow is a consonant.

Then I bow to your and McManusFan's superior phonetics knowledge!

Postby Dan-cat

chengdufan wrote:
James Bentley wrote:

Love this!

Postby James Bentley

Juddernaut88 wrote:We may need some clues for this please, seems to be a tricky one.

Okay.

FSM NT LDMTH TRN NSGN NW NT NW RLDCH MPNS HPSNT TLS LNGS CTN FMY RMSFF DDT NHR TBT

It's a quote from Johnny Bravo (the one on this forum, not the actual cartoon one from whom he takes his name and likeness).

Postby James Bentley

Juddernaut88 wrote:This is still far too tricky.

It really isn't. Just go to the "best Ronnie fan" thread, read what Johnny wrote (it's on page 1) and then come back and type it here.

Postby HappyCamper

James Bentley wrote:

It really isn't. Just go to the "best Ronnie fan" thread, read what Johnny wrote (it's on page 1) and then come back and type it here.

that's cheating!

Postby Juddernaut88

If someone told me that Ronnie is gonna win ten world championships in total, as long as I cut one of my arms off, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Postby Iranu

Always knew you were a closet Ronnie fan, Judders! But have you figured out the clue yet? :chin:

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Always knew you were a closet Ronnie fan, Judders! But have you figured out the clue yet? :chin:

No chance at all mate of me being a Ronnie fan lol. I was quoting what Johnny Bravo said.
I think that is the answer but we shall see.

Postby James Bentley

HappyCamper wrote:
James Bentley wrote:

that's cheating!

I know, but it was dragging on too long so I thought I should allow it.

Anyway, Judders has it!

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Opinion:
Brngbckthclssc

A boring bucket he closes. Ciao!