Postby chengdufan

Top work HappyCamper!

Re: 2 Word Clue

Postby HappyCamper

oh do i have to think of a new one? idk

preston bunnyman.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ian Mcculoch? Think he was from Preston but I can't remember.

Postby McManusFan

Ian Burns is another Preston player, but I've no idea how to fit bunnyman in.

Postby chengdufan

McManusFan wrote:Ian Burns is another Preston player, but I've no idea how to fit bunnyman in.

The most famous Burns of course is Robert aka Rabbie Burns. Rabbie - Rabbit - Bunnyman.
Ian Burns is the only player I knew to be from Preston.
Good to learn McCulloch is too. <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

Ian McCulloch is correct. In addition to being a Preston born snooker player Ian McCulloch was the lead of everyone's favourite Liverpool band, echo and the bunny men. Here he is sporting what can only he described as an haircut.

https://youtu.be/nMplIrSlg8E

Postby chengdufan

Go Juddernaut88!

Postby McManusFan

Neville Chamberlain, the father of snooker who was at one point a captain in the British army?

Postby Juddernaut88

LDS wrote:Ali Carter?

Correct :)

Postby LDS

Hmm.

I've thought of loads but they're all quite easy I'm afraid. When I think of a harder one it's always exceedingly hard, it's difficult to find that middle ground. Ah well, while I continue to think, here's an easy one:

sausage Bramble

Postby LDS

Yes, that's the one.

The original clue (which would have been much more entertaining) was: Short-for-Richard Bramble. Quite why short-for-richard is auto-corrected blows my mind just thinking about it.

Postby McManusFan

I thought the clue was originally 'a male chicken' bramble, which is a pretty funny combination of words. I do love the swear filter.

The misses came up with a really difficult one:
Mucky Anus

Postby McManusFan

LDS wrote:Would that be Alan McManus?

That's correct!

Mucky shortens to Mc, and add an m to anus and you've got McManus.

Postby LDS

My next clue runs on from that, if you'll excuse the pun, and is what someone might do if someone randomly showed their mucky anus in public, particularly and old man in a long coat while one was having a polite restaurant meal:

Average Scream

Postby McManusFan

The average part has me thinking Joe, as in average Joe. Struggling with the scream part, maybe sWAIL?

I'll go Joe Swail.

Postby McManusFan

Brilliant. I'll try for a harder one this time,

Awkwardly meagre

Postby LDS

My first guess would have been Chris Small, but then you said it was a bit harder, so I thought perhaps it's Jimmy Mitchie, the Awkwardly being keeping the M but imagining the word was actually titchy. So, Jimmy Mitchie (or Jimmie Mitchie, whichever it is).

Postby Juddernaut88

I will just make a random guess of Graeme Dott

Postby McManusFan

Afraid not LDS, the player is pretty well known, it's just that the clues are a little cryptic.

Postby McManusFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I will just make a random guess of Graeme Dott

Correct! Meagre is an anagram of Graeme, with Awkwardly being a clue to it being an anagram.

Postby Juddernaut88

Wow that was a complete fluke didn't expect that to be correct :happy:
I shall think of one shortly.

Postby Iranu

Judders rofl