Post a reply

Re: 2 Word Clue

Postby Iranu

Not confident on this but Ben Woollaston?

Samuel Adams was a Founding Father as was Ben Franklin. In the Bible Joseph was given a coat of many colours which was presumably made of wool.

Postby AlfGit

Prop wrote:Joseph was the son of Jacob, but I’m not sure where to go with Jacobson.

There is more than one Joseph in the Bible though.

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:Not confident on this but Ben Woollaston?

Samuel Adams was a Founding Father as was Ben Franklin. In the Bible Joseph was given a coat of many colours which was presumably made of wool.

Not Ben, but you're ever so close with the Joseph clue :-)

Postby Prop

AlfGit wrote:
Prop wrote:Joseph was the son of Jacob, but I’m not sure where to go with Jacobson.

As you may have noticed in previous games, ancient and biblical history is not my strong subject <laugh>

Postby AlfGit

Prop wrote:
AlfGit wrote:

As you may have noticed in previous games, ancient and biblical history is not my strong subject <laugh>

Chengdu said Iranu was close, so it appears that you got the right one, the one with the robe from the Old Testament. The other Joseph is the husband of Mary, mother of Jesus.

Postby Prop

Well he had 11 brothers. So perhaps XI(something) as the given name… Xintong?

Postby Prop

Also (and I’m expecting to be corrected here) Zhao could relate to the Zhao dynasty. Samuel was a part of the transition of kingdoms under Saul.

Postby Iranu

Louis Heathcote?

Postby chengdufan

Not Zhao Xintong.
Not Louis Heathcote, though it is a current English pro.

Postby chengdufan

Prop wrote:Also (and I’m expecting to be corrected here) Zhao could relate to the Zhao dynasty. Samuel was a part of the transition of kingdoms under Saul.

There was a Zhou dynasty, but not a Zhao dynasty

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:
Prop wrote:Also (and I’m expecting to be corrected here) Zhao could relate to the Zhao dynasty. Samuel was a part of the transition of kingdoms under Saul.

There was a Zhou dynasty, but not a Zhao dynasty

Oops!

Maybe Paul Baker?

Joseph was one of twelve brothers. Twelve > dozen > baker’s dozen

Postby Iranu

Ben Hancorn?

I’m assuming Ben isn’t right from what you said abot my Woollaston guess but Samuel died in Benjamin and Joseph had a dream about a field of corn representing him and his brothers.

Postby chengdufan

Not Hancorn
I haven't heard of Paul Baker.

For Samuel, think books.

But it will probably be easier to get the answer from Joseph.

For Joseph, think musically

Postby chengdufan

Ok, one last clue. Someone really should get it from this one.

Go back to when Iranu got close. What adjective comes to mind?

Postby AlfGit

chengdufan wrote:Go back to when Iranu got close. What adjective comes to mind?

Lucky? <laugh>

Postby Iranu

AlfGit wrote:

Lucky? <laugh>

Rude!

Postby Iranu

Oh rubbish.

David Grace?

Postby AlfGit

Iranu wrote:
AlfGit wrote:

Lucky? <laugh>

Rude!

Sorry, I couldn't resist it. :-)

Postby Prop

Jordan Brown?

The adjective could be technicolour, as in ‘Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat’. Brown is a hue made up of many different colours… technically <laugh>

Samuel could refer to the author Samuel T. Jordan, who wrote ‘Who’s Who in The Bible’.

Postby AlfGit

Prop wrote:Jordan Brown?

The adjective could be technicolour, as in ‘Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat’. Brown is a hue made up of many different colours… technically <laugh>

Samuel could refer to the author Samuel T. Jordan, who wrote ‘Who’s Who in The Bible’.

This looks good. Even just 'colour' would be enough.

Postby Prop

AlfGit wrote:
Prop wrote:Jordan Brown?

This looks good. Even just 'colour' would be enough.

I dunno… I’ve been more confident than this before and ended up miles away!

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:Oh rubbish.

David Grace?

Correct!

Postby chengdufan

I thought people might associate Joseph with his AMAZING technicolour dreamcoat pretty early on, and then think of Amazing Grace. Then do a bit of digging to find out that the first mention of David is in the book of Samuel.

When I hear the name Joseph, my brain kind of immediately thinks amazing technicolour dreamcoat, but I guess that must just be me!

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:I thought people might associate Joseph with his AMAZING technicolour dreamcoat pretty early on, and then think of Amazing Grace. Then do a bit of digging to find out that the first mention of David is in the book of Samuel.

When I hear the name Joseph, my brain kind of immediately thinks amazing technicolour dreamcoat, but I guess that must just be me!

I forgot the ‘amazing’ bit <doh> For a while I was trying to find something about Jason Donovan to link to snooker <laugh>

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:I thought people might associate Joseph with his AMAZING technicolour dreamcoat pretty early on, and then think of Amazing Grace. Then do a bit of digging to find out that the first mention of David is in the book of Samuel.

Yeah this was my logic... eventually.

How long did I spend trying to link a snooker surname to the word “technicolour” you ask?

Longer than I’m proud of.

Postby AlfGit

That was a good one. Well done Iranu.

Postby AlfGit

Prop wrote:I forgot the ‘amazing’ bit <doh> For a while I was trying to find something about Jason Donovan to link to snooker <laugh>

Ditto! <laugh>

Postby Iranu

Stage Mayday

Postby Iranu

No takers?

Postby ronaldmc

Just interesting who make software for game by https://mlsdev.com/services/dedicated-development-team. These three distinct areas of expertise have many common characteristics. For example, a web designer may focus primarily on visual elements such as graphics, typography, image editing, video editing, and color schemes to a costumer may focus primarily on functionality, usability, and security. Web application services often provide integrated development and deployment solutions. They also use advanced technologies to deliver dynamic content. Their primary objective is to improve the customer experience and make the transaction process easier, whether that be via the creation of new information, changing an existing piece of data, or the creation of a new piece of content.
Last edited by ronaldmc on 27 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.