Post a reply

Re: Identify That Match!

Postby badtemperedcyril

An epic Crucible semi-final between a former champion and a future champion, both Englishmen. The two were level at 5-5, 6-6, 7-7, 8-8, 11-11, 12-12, 13-13 and 14-14 but then from 14-16 in arrears, the future champ won the three remaining frames to take the match.

Postby Andre147

Ranking event final between two scottish players. The player who won had health problems all his career, and had to retire early, but did end up winning this prestigious title.

Postby SnookerEd25

That’s the 2002 LG Cup Final (formerly the Grand Prix) in which Chris Small bt. Alan McManus by 9-5.

Postby SnookerEd25

Full of eastern promise this match, as two Asian stars went toe-to-toe in a Ranking semi-final, the slight underdog coming back from two down with three to play to edge into his last (to date) major final.

Postby Juddernaut88

Possibly Ding Junhui vs Xiao Gudong Shanghai Masters? Not sure on the year though.

Postby SnookerEd25

Not that one I’m afraid, Judders :sad:

Postby Iranu

Marco Fu vs Ding Junhui 2017 Players Champ?

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Marco Fu vs Ding Junhui 2017 Players Champ?

Iranu doesn’t need further clues; he gets the nail, SMASHES it bang on the head. :clap:

That’s how it’s done, Iranu - a lesson to us all <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

State Express World Team Classic 1982 : Bill Werbeniuk (Canada) v Eddie Charlton (Australia)?

:chin:

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:Mark Williams vs John Higgins world championship final 2018?

Yes!

(At least, this is currently the correct answer)

Postby Juddernaut88

My favourite match of all time is a best of 19 final. It's a match that doesn't involve Stephen Hendry or Judd Trump.
Identity the match.

Postby Juddernaut88

Bump. Let me know if you require more clues but it would be nice for someone to start off with a guess.