Post a reply

Re: Identify That Match!

Postby Andre147

Correct, Robertson beat Stevens 9-7 at the 2008 Bahrain Championships, at a time Snooker was in it's dark years.

Your turn

Postby Juddernaut88

Nice one empire state human :) That was a tough one which I definitely wouldn't have got.

Postby Empire State Human

Wow, Stevens was a shot in the dark. Bahrain was the original Tin Pot Trophy. No spectators. No one is sure whether it actually happened or was a fever dream.

Ok. A crucible match that went into an unscheduled 4th session, and concluded with an excessive celebration.

That went into a fourth session, but there was no celebration and I believed the match just petered out at 4am. IIRC, Griffiths came back to the table in the deciding frame needing 5 snookers, and said to the few remaining spectators, 'It doesn't look too promising, does it?'

Postby Iranu

2001 WC match between Ebdon and Lee? No idea on extra sessions but I think Ebdon gave an enthusiastic celebration.

Iranu has it. They were pulled off at 12-11 to Ebdon. Lee won the first on the resumption. Ebdon won the decider and spent the best part of 20-30 seconds shouting "Come on!" as he sank the winning black to the yellow pocket.

Postby Iranu

Wow! Didn’t know they were pulled off but I figured an Ebdon guess would be a good shout for an “excessive celebration.”

Okay:

Stephen Lee’s best Crucible performance was a semi-final in the 2003 World Championship. Who did he beat in the quarter-final that year?

Postby Iranu

Yes, correct! Not sure why I posted a normal quiz question though :shrug:

Postby Juddernaut88

World championship sem final match between 2 good friends. Player A makes an unbelievable clearance to level the scores and then clinches the deciding frame.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:World championship sem final match between 2 good friends. Player A makes an unbelievable clearance to level the scores and then clinches the deciding frame.

1982 : A. Higgins edges out J. White

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:World championship sem final match between 2 good friends. Player A makes an unbelievable clearance to level the scores and then clinches the deciding frame.

1982 : A. Higgins edges out J. White

Correct :hatoff:

Postby SnookerEd25

North v South, a swansong for a former WC vs. a future WC at the Crucible...

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Ken Doherty vs Shaum Murphy 2003 world championship 1st round?

One of the players is correct, but you're in the wrong century! :sad:

Postby Juddernaut88

1994 world championship 1st round between Alex Higgins and Ken Doherty?

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:1994 world championship 1st round between Alex Higgins and Ken Doherty?

That's the one!

Ken running out a comfortable 10-6 victor with only the odd glimpse of the old Hurricane. :sad: Sported a nice waistcoat though <ok>

:clap:

Postby Juddernaut88

Crucible final, Dennis Taylor is commentating and says this when match ball is potted:
"There's no better feeling in the world"

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Crucible final, Dennis Taylor is commentating and says this when match ball is potted:

Selby was involved, and he was looking at the lovely Vikki at the time... :john:

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Crucible final, Dennis Taylor is commentating and says this when match ball is potted:

Selby was involved, and he was looking at the lovely Vikki at the time... :john:

rofl Selby was not involved in this match I'm afraid.

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:Doherty v Hendry, World Final in 1997

Nice one that is correct :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Played at The Crucible, this match famously ended on a respotted black.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:Played at The Crucible, this match famously ended on a respotted black.

Stephen Hendry 9-10 Nigel Bond, 2006 first round?

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Played at The Crucible, this match famously ended on a respotted black.

Stephen Hendry 9-10 Nigel Bond, 2006 first round?

Correct