Post a reply

Re: The Greatest Hits Quiz!

Postby Prop

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:It must be Faithless.

It is Faithless! And with that, KrazeeEyezKilla takes the win <ok>

1. No One Knows - QOTSA (Judders)
2. Only Love Can Break Your Heart - St Etienne (KrazeeEyezKilla)
3. Love Is The Law - Seahorses (KrazeeEyezKilla)
4. Going To California - Led Zep (HappyCamper)
5. Crystal - New Order (KrazeeEyezKilla)
6. Angeline - Faithless (KrazeeEyezKilla)
7. Infinity - Guru Josh (Judders)
8. Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard (HappyCamper)
9. Inner City Life - Goldie (Judders)
10. Kelly Watch The Stars - Air (HappyCamper)

Postby James Bentley

Prop wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:it's not jamiriquai is it?

Although Jay Kay is also known as a petrolhead… it’s not.

I remember reading a story on Popbitch sent in by a reader who used to work in Blockbuster Video (it was a while ago). When Jay Kay and Denise van Outen were going out they used to be regular visitors to the shop. Apparently he would always come in to exchange whatever tapes they'd been renting while she would lean on the doorway, chewing gum and exhorting him to get a move on so they could go to the kebab shop. The whole scene always struck me as incredibly funny for some reason.

Anyway, carry on!

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:

Aye, that and Michael white led me to the guess. Though he's not technically a current pro yet
. Entirely by coincidence it does seem jk had a song by the title. It's no bad, but I don't recall hearing it before.

https://youtu.be/Z7aZEKNfw98

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

1 Allison
2 Veronica
3 Mary Had A Little Lamb
4 Polly
5 Carrie-Ann
6 Alisha Rules The World
7 Caroline
8 Diana
9 Josephine
10 Stacy's Mom

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Bit late but here's the first update

1 Allison - Pixies (Reg Varney)
2 Veronica - Elvis Costello (Juddernaut88)
3 Mary Had A Little Lamb
4 Polly - Nirvana (Stevejj)
5 Carrie-Ann - The Hollies (LDS)
6 Alisha Rules The World - Alisha's Attic (Snookerarcher)
7 Caroline
8 Diana
9 Josephine
10 Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne (Juddernaut88)

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:
Prop wrote:

I remember reading a story on Popbitch sent in by a reader who used to work in Blockbuster Video (it was a while ago). When Jay Kay and Denise van Outen were going out they used to be regular visitors to the shop. Apparently he would always come in to exchange whatever tapes they'd been renting while she would lean on the doorway, chewing gum and exhorting him to get a move on so they could go to the kebab shop. The whole scene always struck me as incredibly funny for some reason.

Anyway, carry on!

How 90s! <laugh>

Postby HappyCamper

Shaggy had a song called Carolina. But that's one letter out. I don't know why someone mentioning the 90s made me think of it.

'Mary had a little lamb, that's a fib, she had two kids though, and one crib.'. Was the opening lines of a de la soul song, but it was called ghetto thang I think.

Caroline, with an 'e' could be the wonderful Arlo Parks. Maybe a bit modern though.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

HappyCamper wrote:Shaggy had a song called Carolina. But that's one letter out. I don't know why someone mentioning the 90s made me think of it.

'Mary had a little lamb, that's a fib, she had two kids though, and one crib.'. Was the opening lines of a de la soul song, but it was called ghetto thang I think.

Caroline, with an 'e' could be the wonderful Arlo Parks. Maybe a bit modern though.

Oh Carolina by Shaggy was in my list before I remember there was an older hit called Caroline so put it in instead. I've heard of Arlo Parks but it's not her.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Not Tori Amos.

Clues:

3 1972 single by a very famous band from that decade. Many people thought the song was released as a joke after their previous single was banned by the BBC.

7 1973 hit from a band who had a long span of hits but were often derided for being repetitive.

8 1957 release and one of the biggest hits ever. Was in the Top 10 selling singles ever worldwide before downloads/streaming.

9 Singer/guitarist. Big in the late 80's/early 90's.