Prop wrote:Framing Hanley?

He's done it :D

Never heard of them <laugh>

Re: The Greatest Hits Quiz!

Postby Juddernaut88

1. Faith- Limp Bizkit (Stevejj)
2. Hurt- Johnny Cash (James)
3. Beat it- Fall Out Boy (Prop)
4. Sweet home Alabama (cover version was called All Summer long)- Kid Rock (James)
5. White Wedding- Murderdolls (Krazeeykilla)
6. Lollipop- Framing Hanley (Prop)
7. Under the Bridge- All Saints (James)
8. Valerie- Mark Ronson Feat Amy Whinehouse (James)
9. Mad World- Gary Jules and Michael Andrews (James)
10. Too Close- Blue (Krazeeyezkilla)

James wins with 5 points, he had a good fast start which was vital in the end.
Prop gets 3 points.
2 points for Krazeeyezkilla
1 point for Steve

Good game everyone and well done to James winning.

Postby James Bentley

Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Prop wrote:Framing Hanley?

He's done it :D

Never heard of them <laugh>

Nor me!

Probably a bit late to post a new list tonight, but I promise I'll have something for you tomorrow.

Postby James Bentley

HappyCamper wrote:Man was well and truly hung there.

I think it's testament to how obscure that band is that it took 18/26 letters before it became gettable and even then I don't think any of us had heard of them. Actually it was really 18/24 because it soon became obvious that no more vowels after A, E and I would fit into the answer. Maybe even 18/21 because J, Q, and X were never really in the running.

Postby James Bentley

Juddernaut88 wrote:When do you think you'll post your list James?

I was thinking of early evening. I'm sure you can hold out a few more hours!

Postby Juddernaut88

James Bentley wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:When do you think you'll post your list James?

I was thinking of early evening. I'm sure you can hold out a few more hours!

Not good enough at all mate >-(

I'm just kidding <ok>

Postby James Bentley

Okay, it's probably time for the next round. Today it's songs with long titles; in ascending order of length:

1. You Need Satan More Than He Needs You
2. Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
3. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
4. Guy Who Got A Headache And Accidentally Saves The World
5. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
6. It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
7. You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me
8. A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld
9. Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict
10. Some People Know All Too Well How Bad Liquorice (Or Any Candy For That Matter) Can Taste When Having Laid Out In The Sun Too Long, And I Think I Just Ate Too Much

Postby James Bentley

LDS wrote:I'm disappointed you didn't include:

"Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey"

Is no.6 REM?

I did consider it! And yes, no. 6 is REM.

Postby James Bentley

Juddernaut88 wrote:3. Manic Street preachers

Juddernaut88 wrote:5. Rolling Stones?

Both correct for an early lead!

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:
Prop wrote:8 The Orb!

Sure is!

It’s almost Orb season :-D

Postby James Bentley

Both Steve's answers are correct and we're past the halfway point:

1. You Need Satan More Than He Needs You - Future Of The Left (SteveJJ)
2. Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
3. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next - Manic Street Preachers (Juddernaut88)
5. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow? - Rolling Stones (Juddernaut88)
6. It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - REM (LDS)
7. You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me - Arctic Monkeys (SteveJJ)
8. A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld - The Orb (Prop)
9. Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict
10. Some People Know All Too Well How Bad Liquorice (Or Any Candy For That Matter) Can Taste When Having Laid Out In The Sun Too Long, And I Think I Just Ate Too Much

Postby James Bentley

LDS wrote:10 sounds very Frank Zappa or Weird Al Yankovich, just complete stabs in the dark though.

It's neither of them, I'm afraid. The remaining answers are all bands.

Postby James Bentley

1. You Need Satan More Than He Needs You - Future Of The Left (SteveJJ)
2. Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) - Sly And The Family Stone (Chengdufan)
3. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next - Manic Street Preachers (Juddernaut88)
5. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow? - Rolling Stones (Juddernaut88)
6. It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - REM (LDS)
7. You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me - Arctic Monkeys (SteveJJ)
8. A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld - The Orb (Prop)

Some clues for the ones remaining:

4. American psychedelic/alternative rock band active since 1983. They once released a four-CD album, "Zaireeka", which is designed to be heard by playing all four CDs simultaneously on four separate players. Their more mainstream hits include "She Don't Use Jelly", "Race For The Prize" and "Do You Realize?"

9. Immensely famous and successful British rock band formed in the 1960s. Their early incarnation was quite different to the band they later became. This was due to their original leader (always eccentric) becoming impossible to work with and eventually being sidelined by the rest of the band.

10. Swedish rock band whose members include Howlin' Pelle Almquist, Chris Dangerous and Vigilante Carlstroem. They were introduced to a UK audience with the compilation album, "Your New Favourite Band". Their biggest hit was "Hate To Say I Told You So".