Post a reply

Re: The Greatest Hits Quiz!

Postby Juddernaut88

This is a list of cover songs:

1. Faith
2. Hurt
3. Beat it
4. Sweet home Alabama (cover version was called All Summer long)
5. White Wedding
6. Lollipop
7. Under the Bridge
8. Valerie
9. Mad World
10. Too Close

Postby Juddernaut88

Those are the original artists of the songs but I'm looking for the artists that did covers of them.

Postby LDS

oh right, my bad.

8. was by the Back to Black lady I think, but for the life of me I can never remember her name & yet I've seen it a thousand times. For some reason it's one of those names that refuses to lodge in my memory. Like it's forever on the tip of my tongue.

Postby Juddernaut88

James Bentley wrote:2. Nine Inch Nails
4. Kid Rock
7. All Saints
8. Amy Winehouse (sorry LDS!)
9. Gary Jules

4 out of 5 correct

Nine Inch Nails did the original or hurt and not the cover.

Postby Juddernaut88

1. Faith
2. Hurt
3. Beat it
4. Sweet home Alabama (cover version was called All Summer long)- Kid Rock (James)
5. White Wedding
6. Lollipop
7. Under the Bridge- All Saints (James)
8. Valerie- Mark Ronson Feat Amy Whinehouse (James)
9. Mad World- Gary Jules and Michael Andrews (James)
10. Too Close

Postby Juddernaut88

1. Faith
2. Hurt- Johnny Cash (James)
3. Beat it
4. Sweet home Alabama (cover version was called All Summer long)- Kid Rock (James)
5. White Wedding
6. Lollipop
10. Too Close

Postby Juddernaut88

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:5 Murderdolls?
10 Blue

Both correct.
I thought Murderdolls would be one of the hardest ones so well done for getting that.
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 18 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Juddernaut88

1. Faith- Limp Bizkit (Stevejj)
3. Beat it
5. White Wedding- Murderdolls (Krazeeykilla)
6. Lollipop
10. Too Close- Blue (Krazeeyezkilla)

Postby HappyCamper

Mika had a song called Lollipop, cannae mind what it goes like. Might have been a Chordettes cover?

Postby Juddernaut88

Not that I'm afraid. The original artist for the Lollipop song I've mentioned was by Lil Wayne.

The cover was by an American rock band that aren't very well known and didn't have that many tracks or albums. This one may need hangman.

3. American pop punk band that have been around for 20 years and still going strong.

Postby Prop

Beat It has been covered dozens of times. But, considering your particular musical interest, this fits hangman - Fall Out Boy?

Postby James Bentley

Prop wrote:Beat It has been covered dozens of times. But, considering your particular musical interest, this fits hangman - Fall Out Boy?

Ah nice one, it must be. Before Steve got no. 1 I was considering just guessing Limp Bizkit for all the remaining ones but thought that might be not really be in the spirit of the quiz.

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:Beat It has been covered dozens of times. But, considering your particular musical interest, this fits hangman - Fall Out Boy?

Yep correct :hatoff: I used to like Fall Out Boy but they have gone a bit meh nowadays. I used to love the bassist Pete Wentz and tried to copy his style when I was younger lol

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:

Ah nice one, it must be. Before Steve got no. 1 I was considering just guessing Limp Bizkit for all the remaining ones but thought that might be not really be in the spirit of the quiz.

<laugh>

Postby Juddernaut88

1. Faith- Limp Bizkit (Stevejj)
3. Beat it- Fall Out Boy (Prop)
5. White Wedding- Murderdolls (Krazeeykilla)
6. Lollipop
10. Too Close- Blue (Krazeeyezkilla)

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:

Yep correct :hatoff: I used to like Fall Out Boy but they have gone a bit meh nowadays. I used to love the bassist Pete Wentz and tried to copy his style when I was younger lol

I didn’t know you played bass Judders :hatoff:

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

I didn’t know you played bass Judders :hatoff:

I never played bass, I played guitar a bit but I haven't played in years and forgotten how to play most stuff. I liked Pete Wentz because he was sexy and a ladies man :chuckle: