Post a reply

Re: Chat Gary PonTing

Postby chengdufan

The ball is replaced on the pink spot

Postby McManusFan

chengdufan wrote:The ball is replaced on the pink spot

I'm going to give you that one. It's close enough.

Here's the full long winded crap answer from ChatGPT.

ChatGPT wrote:The official term for the scenario described in the question is "pink spot" or "pink on its spot." In snooker, the pink spot refers to the designated spot on the table where the pink ball is placed when it has been potted and all the reds are still on the table. When the pink ball is over its spot (hanging over the pocket), it is said to be "on its spot."

Regarding the rule for potting the pink in this scenario:

If the pink is on its spot, and it's hanging over a pocket, you can pot it as long as you legally hit the pink ball first and the cue ball does not foul (e.g., by striking another ball before hitting the pink).

When you pot the pink in this situation, it will be re-spotted on its designated spot, which is the center of the table, between the blue spot and the black spot.

So, in summary, you can pot the pink when it's on its spot over a pocket, and it will be re-spotted on its spot afterward.

So apparently having when down to the last black, but the pink is still inexplicably left on the table, is known as 'pink spot'. And you replace the pink after you have potted it. I guess you just keep on doing this forever.

Postby SnookerEd25

Suddenly the continued existence of Rod Lawler begins to make sense…

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:Suddenly the continued existence of Rod Lawler begins to make sense…

rofl

Postby chengdufan

rofl

We finally have a rule which AcesInc will not know!

Postby chengdufan

This one is a fill in the blanks exercise:

Me: Can you help me write a short story about a famous professional snooker player?

Ernie Bot: Sure, I can help you write a short story about a famous professional snooker player. Here is an example:
Once upon a time, there was a young man named __1__ who loved to play snooker. He was so __2__ that he quickly became a professional player and was soon recognized as one of the best in the world.
__1__ was known for his exceptional skills with the cue, his ability to make difficult shots look easy and his strategic thinking on the table. He had a reputation for being a __3__ competitor who always wanted to win.
One day, __1__ entered a big snooker tournament held in __4__. He knew it would be a tough challenge because he would be up against some of the best players in the world. However, he was confident in his abilities and __5__ to prove himself.
The competition was intense from the beginning. __1__ played brilliantly in his matches and managed to make it to the final. His opponent in the final was a talented player named __6__ who was also one of __1__ 's biggest rivals.
The match between __1__ and __6__ was __7__ . They played shot after shot with precision and strategy, neither giving a(n) __8__ . The score was close, and the crowd was on the edge of their seats.
In the end, __1__ managed to win the match by making a long-range shot on the final __9__ . He collapsed onto his __10__ and buried his face in his hands as the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.
__1__ 's win was a moment of glory that证明了他 to be one of the best snooker players in the world. His hard work, dedication and passion for the game had paid off, and he would go down in history as a legend of the game.

Postby Prop

1 Johnny Bravo
2 Deluded
3 Stunted
4 A pool hall
5 Wanted
6 Earl Strickland
7 Utter marmite
8 Damn
9 Countdown
10 Butt plug

Postby chengdufan

Once upon a time, there was a young man named Johnny Bravo who loved to play snooker. He was so deluded that he quickly became a professional player and was soon recognized as one of the best in the world.
Johnny Bravo was known for his exceptional skills with the cue, his ability to make difficult shots look easy and his strategic thinking on the table. He had a reputation for being a stunted competitor who always wanted to win.
One day, Johnny Bravo entered a big snooker tournament held in a pool hall. He knew it would be a tough challenge because he would be up against some of the best players in the world. However, he was confident in his abilities and wanted to prove himself.
The competition was intense from the beginning. Johnny Bravo played brilliantly in his matches and managed to make it to the final. His opponent in the final was a talented player named Earl Strickland who was also one of Johnny Bravo 's biggest rivals.
The match between Johnny Bravo and Earl Strickland was utter marmite . They played shot after shot with precision and strategy, neither giving a damn . The score was close, and the crowd was on the edge of their seats.
In the end, Johnny Bravo managed to win the match by making a long-range shot on the final countdown . He collapsed onto his butt plug and buried his face in his hands as the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.
Johnny Bravo 's win was a moment of glory that证明了他 to be one of the best snooker players in the world. His hard work, dedication and passion for the game had paid off, and he would go down in history as a legend of the game.

Postby chengdufan

:-D

Alas, 0/10 'correct'!

Postby SnookerEd25

@bottywhat’stheanswers?

Postby Graeme Bott

SnookerEd25 wrote:@bottywhat’stheanswers?

I'm sorry, but I don't currently support that request or query. My capabilities are focused on providing snooker scores and related information.

Postby Juddernaut88

1. Steve Davis
2. Dedicated
3. Fierce
4. Romford
5. Determined
6. Ray Reardon
7. amazing
8. inch away
9. black
10. knees

Postby chengdufan

Sorry for the delayed confirmation, Judders. I've got the answer on my PC and won't be able to check until tomorrow.

Postby chengdufan

Me: Can you help me write a short story about a famous professional snooker player?

Ernie Bot: Sure, I can help you write a short story about a famous professional snooker player. Here is an example:
Once upon a time, there was a young man named __1__ who loved to play snooker. He was so __2__ that he quickly became a professional player and was soon recognized as one of the best in the world.
__1__ was known for his exceptional skills with the cue, his ability to make difficult shots look easy and his strategic thinking on the table. He had a reputation for being a fierce competitor who always wanted to win.
One day, __1__ entered a big snooker tournament held in __4__. He knew it would be a tough challenge because he would be up against some of the best players in the world. However, he was confident in his abilities and __5__ to prove himself.
The competition was intense from the beginning. __1__ played brilliantly in his matches and managed to make it to the final. His opponent in the final was a talented player named __6__ who was also one of __1__ 's biggest rivals.
The match between __1__ and __6__ was __7__ . They played shot after shot with precision and strategy, neither giving an inch. The score was close, and the crowd was on the edge of their seats.
In the end, __1__ managed to win the match by making a long-range shot on the final __9__ . He collapsed onto his knees and buried his face in his hands as the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.
__1__ 's win was a moment of glory that证明了他 to be one of the best snooker players in the world. His hard work, dedication and passion for the game had paid off, and he would go down in history as a legend of the game.

Postby chengdufan

3/10 from Judders!

He was right to choose famous player names, but not Steve or Ray. And we're just looking for the first names.
Romford was a good guess for location, but we're looking for somewhere outside the UK.

Postby chengdufan

Once upon a time, there was a young man named __1__ who loved to play snooker. He was so talented that he quickly became a professional player and was soon recognized as one of the best in the world.
__1__ was known for his exceptional skills with the cue, his ability to make difficult shots look easy and his strategic thinking on the table. He had a reputation for being a fierce competitor who always wanted to win.
The competition was intense from the beginning. __1__ played brilliantly in his matches and managed to make it to the final. His opponent in the final was a talented player named John who was also one of __1__ 's biggest rivals.
The match between __1__ and John was __7__ . They played shot after shot with precision and strategy, neither giving an inch. The score was close, and the crowd was on the edge of their seats.
In the end, __1__ managed to win the match by making a long-range shot on the final __9__ . He collapsed onto his knees and buried his face in his hands as the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.

Postby chengdufan

Well done for getting John as the rival! The main protagonist is a snooker player from a different era however...
Not Asia or Europe for the tournament location

Judders 3
LDS 2

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:1. Cliff?

Good guess, it's the correct era, but not Cliff

Postby chengdufan

Once upon a time, there was a young man named __1__ who loved to play snooker. He was so talented that he quickly became a professional player and was soon recognized as one of the best in the world.
The competition was intense from the beginning. __1__ played brilliantly in his matches and managed to make it to the final. His opponent in the final was a talented player named John who was also one of __1__ 's biggest rivals.
The match between __1__ and John was __7__ . They played shot after shot with precision and strategy, neither giving an inch. The score was close, and the crowd was on the edge of their seats.
In the end, __1__ managed to win the match by making a long-range shot on the final ball. He collapsed onto his knees and buried his face in his hands as the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.

Judders 3
LDS 2
McManusFan 1

Postby chengdufan

One day, __1__ entered a big snooker tournament held in __4__. He knew it would be a tough challenge because he would be up against some of the best players in the world. However, he was confident in his abilities and eager to prove himself.
In the end, __1__ managed to win the match by making a long-range shot on the final ball. He collapsed onto his knees and buried his face in his hands as the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.

Judders 3
LDS 2
McManusFan 2

The tournament location is not in Europe or Asia.

The player's name is not Steve, Ray or Cliff, but is from that era