Post a reply

Snooker Island Quiz Championship.

Postby PLtheRef

Welcome to the Snooker Island Quiz Competiton

Rules
Players will be split into Groups of Three or Four and shall go head to head in matches.
Questions shall be on different snooker categories.
Matches will be the best of 5 questions. Whoever gets the most answers right wins the match. - Players PM me their responses which shall be displayed when notifying the members of the results.
In Groups 3 points will be awarded for the win, 1 point shall be awarded for a draw and 0 points shall be awarded for a loss.
If you miss a deadline then you shall be awarded 0/5 for that match. If your opponent posts in the deadline then unless they score more they shall be awarded a minimum of 1 point . If both players miss the deadline then the result shall be a 0-0 draw.
A number of players shall qualify for the knockout rounds. - This depends on the draw (and how many entries we get)

Planned format is 4 groups of 4 with top 2 to qualify for Knock-out rounds.

Ryder Cup format to be played if people want that?

Good Luck

Entries
1.random05
2.AlexOPaul
3.Snookered

We need at least 10 people to make this work.
Last edited by PLtheRef on 03 Oct 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Snooker Island Quiz Championship.

Postby randam05

Players will be split into Groups of Three or Four and shall go head to head in matches.

oh, i must have mis read this bit then?

Postby PLtheRef

randam05 wrote:When you starting it PL? I guess when you get more entries as so far you only got me and alexopaul.

Indeed we need realistically at least 12 entries to enable the competition to get going. tubber dont be a chicken, AOP isnt a total encyclopoedia. I was wondering whether people wanted to stick with the suggestion or to have a Ryder Cup style contest with two teams.

Postby PLtheRef

Bourne wrote:Will the quiz be google-proof ?

Well I'd like it to be, but it is the internet. Anyway the questions come from up in my temple and regardless I've never known a full mark score even with Google. So, shall we have a Ryder Cup style competition?

Postby randam05

Well I would say yes, but everyone else needs some input on this. Sonny did say 'oh go on then' but deleted the post.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:Will the quiz be google-proof ?

You could have a time limit to answer in to stop googlers of say 10 minutes.

Postby randam05

Bourne wrote:You don't miss a thing do you randam ...

haha im always on here, i dont miss anything, but only because im always on the laptop, tv and ps3 all day.

Postby PLtheRef

Snookered wrote:How do you know when people will see the questions though? Not everyone is online all the time.

Thats why I was going to state a 24 hour deadline e.g. Questions go up - you have 24 hours from then to pm answers to me.

So its a Ryder-Cup style competition then? With no problem abt the weather,