Post a reply

A Teaser

Postby Wildey

What has Alex Higgins, Tony Knowles, Dennis Taylor and Steve Davis got in common?

Re: A Teaser

Postby Roland

They were all snooker players?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:They were all snooker players?

they were all men as well lol

Postby Skullman

They've all beaten the defending champion at the Crucible?

Higgins beat Spencer in the final in '72, Knowles beat Davis in '82, Taylor beat Davis in '85 and Davis beat Johnson in '87.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:They've all beaten the defending champion at the Crucible?

Higgins beat Spencer in the final in '72, Knowles beat Davis in '82, Taylor beat Davis in '85 and Davis beat Johnson in '87.

they might have that in common too but for this teaser its no

Postby Odrl

Is it something that only these four players (and no one else) have in common?

Postby Wildey

Odrl wrote:Is it something that only these four players (and no one else) have in common?

NO Marco Fu has it in Common too.

Postby Roland

Why didn't you mention his name at the start then? I was about to ask if it's possible others can add their name to the list or if it's a 1980s question. Is there anyone likely to add their name to the list before the season is out?

Postby Odrl

Have they all been a losing finalist on someone's third consecutive ranking title? :-)

Postby Wildey

Odrl wrote:Have they all been a losing finalist on someone's third consecutive ranking title? :-)

correct :clap:

1976 Alex Higgins lost 27-16 to Ray Reardon in the World Championship Final 3rd Tournament to be classed as a Ranking event
1984 Tony Knowles lost 9-2 to Steve Davis in the International Open after Davis won the Lada Classic and World Championship
1988 Alex Higgins lost 10-6 to Steve Davis in the Grand Prix after Davis won the World Championship and International Open
1990 Dennis Taylor lost 9-3 to Stephen Hendry in the Dubai Classic Final after Hendry won the World Title and the Grand Prix
1993 Steve Davis lost 9-3 to Stephen Hendry in the Dubai Classic final after Hendry had won the International Open and World Title
2013 Marco Fu lost 10-9 to Ding Junhui in the International Championship Final after Ding Junhui had won the Shanghai Masters and Indian Open

and sonny i did not add Marco because it would be obvious lol

Postby Roland

I wouldn't have got it

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:I wouldn't have got it

My best guess would be the same as Skull's, but yeah it makes sense. <ok>

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:Totally useless but very cool info!

:D

all quizzes are useless

remember this on who wants to be a millionaire "Name a Orange Root vegetable bugs bunny eats?"

Postby SnookerFan

I've put months worth of thought into this....

Is it a carrot?