Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby mick745

Dan-cat wrote:When Doug Mountjoy had his renassiance at the age of 41, taking two titles in one year, who was his coach?

He was 46!

Postby Dan-cat

mick745 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:When Doug Mountjoy had his renassiance at the age of 41, taking two titles in one year, who was his coach?

He was 46!

Even better. I loved his renaissance, such a great story at the time. A killer player, best Hendry 9 -5 in one of the finals I think. I guessed as I didn't want to Google to set the question :-)

Postby Badsnookerplayer

How many ways are there to score five points in one visit to the table.
Please give the number of ways and also the ways you would do it i.e. red, brown

Postby mick745

1 blue,
1 yellow 1 green
5 reds
3 reds 1 yellow
2 reds 1 yellow 1 red
1 red 1 yellow 1 yellow
1 red 1 brown

Postby mick745

What is the highest break made by a player at the Crucible who subsequently ending up losing the frame?

Postby mick745

73 is the answer.

1987 World SF, Jimmy White v Steve Davis. White was on a 147 attempt before missing 10th black. 67 left on. Davis potted red and fluked black, later getting the requisite snookers and winning frame 74-73.

Dan-Cat with control of thread.

Postby Dan-cat

Now ol' Meo as we all knows
Got loadsa dappa suits
London bred and he keeps his head
'Though he's got Italian roots
Emotional but he keeps his cool
'Til he reaches the finals
And whether he wins or whether he don't
'I always bite me eyeballs'

Postby mick745

I always thought the lyric was 'pipe me eyeballs'. Not sue what 'bite' my eyeballs means?

Postby Dan-cat

mick745 wrote:I always thought the lyric was 'pipe me eyeballs'. Not sue what 'bite' my eyeballs means?

Multiple lyric databases confirm that is indeed the line.

I realised that my earlier attempt to add that rule change doesn't work unless two people answer correctly at the same time, and one of them is the previous question setter. So it's back to you Mick.

Apologies to Pink Ball. I prostrate myself before you. I am as ever your humble servant.

Postby Alex0paul

Lyu Haotian

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:Now ol' Meo as we all knows
Got loadsa dappa suits
London bred and he keeps his head
'Though he's got Italian roots
Emotional but he keeps his cool
'Til he reaches the finals
And whether he wins or whether he don't
'I always bite me eyeballs'

I used to play at the same club as Meo. He was the most hirsute snooker player who ever lived. He was a fun guy as well.

Postby Alex0paul

Which snooker player won the 888.com Pacific Poker Open for $500,000?

Postby Alex0paul

Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Which snooker player won the 888.com Pacific Poker Open for $500,000?

I remember Jimmy White winning an even bigger competition, but I think Matthew Stevens won the one you're on about.

Correct