Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:To get back to the original question, is the answer to do with circumcision? :chin:

Go on….!

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:To get back to the original question, is the answer to do with circumcision? :chin:

Trimmed off the end of the d you reckon?

Peter Ebcon?

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:

Trimmed off the end of the d you reckon?

Peter Ebcon?

That’s almost too highbrow. I love it. But it’s not right.

Postby SnookerEd25

He had lost the helmet of hair that once adorned his shapely bonce.

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:He had lost the helmet of hair that once adorned his shapely bonce.

Bingo! :clap:

The keenest-eyed of the knowledgeable Crucible crowd will also have spotted the merkin stuffed into his coat pocket.

Postby SnookerEd25

Of course, Mr. Ebdon wasn’t the only rookie snooker hipster sporting a pony-tail back then. Who was the other young fellow who also boasted one, leading my dad to describe him as “looking like a tortured artist” ? :chin:

Postby SnookerEd25

rekoons wrote:doherty?

No, he wouldn’t suit one, and looks more like a pi55 artist than a tortured artist :hmmm:

Postby RunningSide

Was it Ron or was that more a topknot.

Postby SnookerEd25

RunningSide wrote:Was it Ron or was that more a topknot.

Don’t remember a tail with RO’S. Topknot, aye, Alice Band, sure; Dickensian facial hair - say no more.

But not a ponytail as far as I’m aware, and I don’t think he could pull off the tortured artist look either.

Postby SnookerEd25

rekoons wrote:sexy Fergal?

rofl

No. :sad:

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Kirk Stevens?

No, you’re looking for someone from the same era as a young Ebdon <ok>

Postby Prop

Bob Chaperon had a bit of a mullet, if that counts :shrug:

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:Bob Chaperon had a bit of a mullet, if that counts :shrug:

It doesn’t count, not in this game :sad:

Postby SnookerEd25

RunningSide wrote:Keep thinking Steve James.

Another mullet, but not a ponytail; don’t think he’d have got away with it in Cannock :hmmm:

And he didn’t have the tortured artist look either - he was more like a busted flush :sad:

Postby SnookerEd25

rekoons wrote:Mc manus?

Noo yer bein’ silly :no:

Postby SnookerEd25

Neither of these chaps; Gary Wilkinson looked like my friend’s flatmate in the early 90s (neither sporting north hair than they needed) and Darren Morgan’s hair was like a poodle’s coat.

Postby SnookerEd25

RunningSide wrote:New Zealander Dene Okane

I like your thinking… I’m not convinced he had one, but he’s certainly the sort who might… :chin:

But, too early. O’Kane was a pro’ through much of the 80s, the answer to the question turned over in the 90s, shortly after the original ponytail, Ebdon.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Drew Henry?

Oh no, Drew was too staid.

Postby RunningSide

Last attempt, Anthony Hamilton

Postby SnookerEd25

RunningSide wrote:Last attempt, Anthony Hamilton

It certainly is the last attempt, for to anyone to continue guessing after you have provided us with the correct answer would be the height of stupidity.

Yes, the erstwhile ‘Robin Hood of Snooker’, the ‘Sheriff of Pottingham’ himself, wore a ponytail in the mid 90s whilst looking like he could lop his ear off at a perceived poor safety at any given moment

Well done, Mr. Side :clap: :clap: