Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Hahaha methinks Pink Ball got a little bit shafted there. Anyway thanks Dan.

Q. Against whom did Ronnie O'Sullivan claim his first ever World Championship match win at the Crucible?

Dennis Taylor.

Correct.

Your go.

Who won the 2017 World Snooker Championship?

Jan Verhaas.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Hahaha methinks Pink Ball got a little bit shafted there. Anyway thanks Dan.

Q. Against whom did Ronnie O'Sullivan claim his first ever World Championship match win at the Crucible?

Dennis Taylor.

Correct.

Your go.

Who won the 2017 World Snooker Championship?

Jan Verhaas.

No.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Which (now retired) snooker player was the first to make two centuries in his debut match at the Crucible.

Good question, that.

Fergal O'Brien

EDIT: lol he hasn't retired, but he did make a century in his first ever frame at The Crucible.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Here’s a twist. How about no googling? So if you don’t know you can guess or the questions hang until answered...

I had assumed that nobody would Google the answers!

Pink Ball has a very deep and profound knowledge of the history of cue sports, and I would be exceptionally disappointed should he prove to be a charlatan.

In the spirit of the Bingham investigation, I would suggest that we request Pinkball's 'cache' of visited internet sites for the past twenty four hours. Should this not be forthcoming then perhaps a ban from the quiz for 3 months?

To be honest, it would probably hurt me more than it would hurt him if he be proven of moral turpitude.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Here’s a twist. How about no googling? So if you don’t know you can guess or the questions hang until answered...

I had assumed that nobody would Google the answers!

Pink Ball has a very deep and profound knowledge of the history of cue sports, and I would be exceptionally disappointed should he prove to be a charlatan.

In the spirit of the Bingham investigation, I would suggest that we request Pinkball's 'cache' of visited internet sites for the past twenty four hours. Should this not be forthcoming then perhaps a ban from the quiz for 3 months?

To be honest, it would probably hurt me more than it would hurt him if he be proven of moral turpitude.

I prefer to give Pink Ball the benefit of the doubt. His expertise of all things snooker is relatively profound after all, as you said. He may be a charlatan in many other things, but his knowledge of snooker is spot on from what I know.

I know I'm not googling which is why I've struggled on most of these questions so far, except that one about the same surnames which was quite easy.

Postby Alex0paul

Name the first and last player this century to reach a Crucible Quarter Final on debut?

Postby chengdufan

Patrick Wallace and we won't know till the end of this century

Postby Andre147

chengdufan wrote:Patrick Wallace and we won't know till the end of this century

Quite right.

He should have said up until 2017.

Postby chengdufan

Who can name all 15 players currently in the top 64 who are not British or Irish?

Postby Alex0paul

Pink Ball wrote:Patrick Wallace and Anthony McGill

Correct

:cracker: :hatoff: :win: :dance2: :ahhh: :goodpost: :mental: :bex: :pompom: :mex:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:When Doug Mountjoy had his renassiance at the age of 41, taking two titles in one year, who was his coach?

Was it Frank Callan?