Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby SnookerEd25

First ranking tournament wins of each after turning pro?

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:The oldest player to turn professional for each year? :shrug:

Iranu is the warmest so far. If he's saying what I think he's saying.

If he wrote out his workings for this reply that would probably help others.

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:Or the youngest player for each year of birth. Because Ronnie’s younger than Higgins and Willo isn’t he.

Ooo, positively sizzling... if you just wrote them all out...

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:Or the youngest player for each year of birth. Because Ronnie’s younger than Higgins and Willo isn’t he.

Ooo, positively sizzling... if you just wrote them all out...

So what I’m saying is Ronnie is the player born latest in 1975. So to amend slightly:

my guess is that each player you listed is the top 16 player born the latest in their respective year of birth from 1970-79?

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:So what I’m saying is Ronnie is the player born latest in 1975. So to amend slightly:

my guess is that each player you listed is the top 16 player born the latest in their respective year of birth from 1970-79?

Well I'm going to give you half the victory at this stage as you are the first person to realise that each player represents one year from 1970-1979.

But the reasoning of why each player was chosen for their year? Nope, it's nothing to do with any of them being younger or older than each other within their respective years.

Postby Iranu

Maybe the most successful player born in each year of the 70s?

Postby Dan-cat

The original idea of the quiz, I thought, was no googling, testing our knowledge of the game, strange archaic facts and fun.

Not torturous sequences involving detailed internet research yawwwwwwn and two day long questions.

Just my opinion. Bah humbug.

Postby chengdufan

Highest end of season ranking for each year of birth. Where players have the same highest, it defaults to the number of seasons at that rank.

Next on the list would be Ryan Day

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:Maybe the most successful player born in each year of the 70s?

Yes! (although chen describes it in it's most exact form)

Iranu can have the victory, chen gets bragging rights for both the detail and having a stab at the next player in the sequence and why.

Simples.

Postby Juddernaut88

Dan-cat wrote:Buck me it was like a match between Lee Walker and Rod Lawler

<laugh>

Postby LDS

Dan-cat wrote:The original idea of the quiz, I thought, was no googling, testing our knowledge of the game, strange archaic facts and fun.

Not torturous sequences involving detailed internet research yawwwwwwn and two day long questions.

Just my opinion. Bah humbug.

Nah, you're just getting grumpy because you haven't got a question right since Oct 28th.

Looking back there, there was a question which went over into the next day and you said, and I quote "fantastic question".

:chin:

<laugh>

Postby Iranu

Ronnie O’Sullivan’s 15 maximum breaks have occurred across how many tournaments?

Postby Iranu

Correct.

World Championship
Welsh Open
Grand Prix
Scottish Open
Northern Ireland Trophy
UK Championship
Paul Hunter Classic
China Open
English Open

I also would have accepted 11 (LG Cup and World Open) but they were essentially a renamed Grand Prix so I’ve conflated them.

Postby Juddernaut88

How many deciding frames were there in the 2004 Snooker Masters?

Postby Juddernaut88

I know that Alex meant 4 which is the correct answer.
Some people may deem it as controversial :O

Postby Alex0paul

Who was the highest ranked player to reach the last 16 of the 2004 UK Championship?