Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:Dennis and JJ

Spot on Prop :clap:

Bt. Johnson 10-4 in the last 96,
and Dennis 10-7 in the last 48.

<ok>

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Joe Johnson and Terry Griffiths?

Incorrect (see Prop’s faultless answer)

For the record, this was the year Terry had all but retired - playing only the Worlds that year. He made it through qualifying before going down 9-10 to Mark Williams in his Crucible swansong.

Postby Prop

The World Seniors saw Joe Johnson in action, alongside another player from his home town of Bradford.

Who?

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Wayne Cooper?

Is correct!

Postby Juddernaut88

Empire State Human wrote:Cliff Wilson 5-4 Eddie Charlton, from 2-4 down.

Correct :hatoff:

Postby Empire State Human

1 month is correct - from the Members Rules & Regulations:

10.1 Any trophy and trophy case provided by the WPBSA will remain the property of the WPBSA
but, at the discretion of the WPBSA, it may be kept by the winner for a period of up to one (1)
month until the WPBSA requires its return provided that the trophy is stored in a secure place
at an address in the UK or Republic of Ireland notified to the WPBSA in writing

Postby SnookerEd25

Jimmy White’s book details how he and Alex Higgins lost the World Championship Trophy during an exhibition tour of Ireland (amongst many other zany madcap antics)

Yes, I vaguely remember that story, Ed.

The answer surprised me, and I think it sucks. You should be able to hold on to the trophy for at least 11 months, and return it just before the new tournament (or a month before the next edition, in case the event is brought forward in the calendar).

Did Ronnie even take the trophy after he won the World Championship this year? Only a few days later John Parrott was waving it around the Crucible for his 'retirement'.

Postby Juddernaut88

Jimmy White made a maximum break during the 1992 world championship. Which player did he make the maximum against?
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 13 May 2022, edited 1 time in total.

He did?

Is this one of these trick questions, like it happened in the Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker computer game?

I think one of the characters in there was called Cross-Eyed Chris, so I'll go with him.

Postby SnookerEd25

Think it was Tony Drago, but it might not have been. In which case, it was another player.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:Think it was Tony Drago, but it might not have been. In which case, it was another player.

Tony Drago is correct :hatoff:

Postby SnookerEd25

Who was Drago’s opponent when he made a break of 103 in 3minutes 31seconds in the 1996 UK?

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Alain Robidoux?

It wasn’t, I’m afraid :sad: