Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby RunningSide

What's Hamilton only ranking title?

Postby SnookerEd25

RunningSide wrote:What's Hamilton only ranking title?

German Open wasn’t it? 2015?

Postby RunningSide

Close enough Germany masters 2017.

Postby SnookerEd25

Let me know when you’re impatient, and I’ll sort one out <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

John Spencer won four matches to win the first World Championship at the Crucible in 1977, but he only won four matches at the venue thereafter, and never got past the second round again despite appearing every year until 1986.

Name two of the four players he beat.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Cliff Thorburn and Dennis Taylor?

No. The players were all English

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Jimmy White and Tony Meo?

Neither correct.

Two were from the same town on the east coast, one was a gritty Yorkshireman and the other was a brummie.

Postby Juddernaut88

Mike Hallett and Tony Knowles? I'm not sure where either of them were from.

Postby SnookerEd25

Mike Hallett is from Grimsby - for some reason, a hotbed of snooker - and is one of the correct answers <ok>

Tony Knowles is from Bolton, which is not on the east coast, in Yorkshire (perish the thought!) or Birmingham, so he is incorrect. :sad:

One down, one to go…

Postby RunningSide

Mike Hallett and Ray Edmonds

Postby SnookerEd25

RunningSide wrote:Mike Hallett and Ray Edmonds

<ok>

Got the two Grimsby lads, nice :clap:

The two others being John Dunning & Graham Miles :ok:

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Mike Hallett and David Taylor?

For the record, David Taylor is a Mancunian, but now domiciled in or near Chester, where he runs a guest-house with his wife :-)

Postby RunningSide

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Mike Hallett and David Taylor?

For the record, David Taylor is a Mancunian, but now domiciled in or near Chester, where he runs a guest-house with his wife :-)

Great guy David, played him at Pontins 1974,guest comp winner v Pro.He gave me 50 and beat me 2_1 on the worst table I've seen to this day,.What was David Taylor highest break that day,nearest upto mid session interval tonight wins

Postby SnookerEd25

On a 5hite table? Bet he still made a ton.

123?

Postby SnookerEd25

Patiently waiting for confirmation of the highest break the Silver Fox made against you when I was less than a year old :chin:

Postby RunningSide

SnookerEd25 wrote:Patiently waiting for confirmation of the highest break the Silver Fox made against you when I was less than a year old :chin:

Sorry for delay, got year wrong to,was1977 not that makes any difference. It was the worst table, David had ever seen, Some cleaner had the bright idea to moppit that morning so not only wet but a strange shade of mushy peas.prop nearest,Taylor managed 49 I made a 19 to win second frame,gave me 20 minutes coaching after,great guy.

Postby rekoons

RunningSide wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Patiently waiting for confirmation of the highest break the Silver Fox made against you when I was less than a year old :chin:

Sorry for delay, got year wrong to,was1977 not that makes any difference. It was the worst table, David had ever seen, Some cleaner had the bright idea to moppit that morning so not only wet but a strange shade of mushy peas.prop nearest,Taylor managed 49 I made a 19 to win second frame,gave me 20 minutes coaching after,great guy.

love how you still remember the break scores nearly half a century later :-)

Postby Juddernaut88

So does that mean that Prop is the winner as he was the closest?

Postby RunningSide

rekoons wrote:
RunningSide wrote:

love how you still remember the break scores nearly half a century later :-)

Only time played a pro.