Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby HappyCamper

mike hallett winning the combination washer/drier for agnes from dunbar on big break?

Postby Iranu

I’m beginning to think you aren’t taking this question seriously!

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:What’s my favourite snooker result of all time?

Mark beating Higgins 18-16 in the 2018 WC final?

Postby Ck147

What's my favourite snooker match of all time?

Postby Iranu

Robbo-Dott world final 2010

Postby Ck147

Nope

Postby SnookerEd25

It hasn’t happened yet.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:What's my favourite snooker match of all time?

Easy - Robbo-Judd

Yep - CoC 2019, top 2 players in the world, playing brilliant snooker, centuries galore, repotted black in the penultimate frame and then Robbo doing what he does best and finishing it off with a massive break. Love that match.

Over to you BSP

Postby Dan-cat

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Easy - Robbo-Judd

Yep - CoC 2019, top 2 players in the world, playing brilliant snooker, centuries galore, repotted black in the penultimate frame and then Robbo doing what he does best and finishing it off with a massive break. Love that match.

Over to you BSP

That was an incredible match.

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Easy - Robbo-Judd

Over to you BSP

That was an incredible match.

You're damn right :)

Postby Badsnookerplayer

YOU ARE THE REF

You a refereeing in the local league and a player - a local scaffolder - is at the table. He is 45 up with three reds left and he is on a colour. You know that if he pots the black then his opponent will require a snooker.

Unfortunately the scaffolder has recently caught dyscalculia and cannot perform even the simplest arithmetic. He asks you what the difference between the scores is.

How should you respond?

Postby HappyCamper

refs can tell colour blind players which colour a ball is. so i think the same principle should apply and the ref should respond with an accurate answer.

Postby Juddernaut88

I would advise the player of what the score difference is and how much is remaining and because the player cannot perform simple arithmetic I would explain how many balls/points are required in these circumstances.

Postby chengdufan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:YOU ARE THE REF

You a refereeing in the local league and a player - a local scaffolder - is at the table. He is 45 up with three reds left and he is on a colour. You know that if he pots the black then his opponent will require a snooker.

Unfortunately the scaffolder has recently caught dyscalculia and cannot perform even the simplest arithmetic. He asks you what the difference between the scores is.

How should you respond?

2 second chuckle. Then adopt a very serious expression. Lean over and look down at him, then say 'buck off'

Postby chengdufan

Thanks BSP. There's a special section of the rule book which guides on how to effectively intimidate players who get on your nerves.

How many Chinese professionals (inc. HK) did not enter this year's world championship?

Postby Ck147

9?

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:fourteen?

Correct :)

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:How old was I when I first picked up a snooker queue?

35?

Postby SnookerEd25

My bad. Mixed it up with your highest break <doh>

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:My bad. Mixed it up with your highest break <doh>

I did once have a 50+ when I was 19 but don't count that because there was a fluked blue in the middle.