Post a reply

Re: 2021/22 Snooker Island World Cup

Postby chengdufan

Yanfan wrote:I got some frames in this morning. :-)

Top breaks were:

25, 24, 16, 14 and 13.

Regards,

YF <ok>

Pink Ball wrote:41, 30, 22, 18, 16

The top 5 breaks were:

Palestine: 41 | 30 | 22

Cornwall: 25 | 24

Result:
Palestine (1) 3-2 Cornwall (8)
Last edited by chengdufan on 11 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby chengdufan

Congratulations to Palestine who go through to face North America in the semi-final of the World Cup.

Cornwall will play Belgium in the semi-final of the National Cup.

Two very good matches in prospect there :-)

Postby RunningSide

On way to play my frames with matchstick cue,going to ease up on chalking or could run out of cue.tried to see if it fit in one side of cue case,nearly.

Postby RunningSide

F1 15 f2 10 f3 19 f4 10 f5 17 .bad session, multiple fouls and miss cueing, so called mate on my bar visit downloaded, my little stick of Blackpool rock,George Formby big hit,put it inside coat so just loud enough to hear,thought I was cracking up.

Postby chengdufan

RunningSide wrote:F1 15 f2 10 f3 19 f4 10 f5 17 .bad session, multiple fouls and miss cueing, so called mate on my bar visit downloaded, my little stick of Blackpool rock,George Formby big hit,put it inside coat so just loud enough to hear,thought I was cracking up.

Juddernaut88 wrote:Hello mate

I played on Saturday. I forgot to send you my breaks.

Frame 1- 10
Frame 2- 7
Frame 3- 14
Frame 4- 10
frame 5- 12

Highest breaks:
Running Side: 19 17 15

Juddernaut88: 14 12

Result:

Sheffield 3-2 Coventry

Postby chengdufan

Congratulations to Sheffield, who join North America and Palestine in the World Cup Semi-finals.

Commiserations to Coventry, who put together some good breaks. They have the consolation of joining Cornwall and Belgium in the National Cup Semi-finals.

Coventry and Sheffield will discover their next opponents when South-East England complete their opening match.
Last edited by chengdufan on 12 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby chengdufan

A reminder to Badsnookerplayer, the deadline to complete your frames is today. If you haven't had chance to get 5 frames in by the end of the day, you need to submit your 5 highest breaks from the frames you have played. If you haven't played any frames, you will lose by default.

Postby chengdufan

Apologies to all for not posting on this in a while. I PM'ed Badsnookerplayer but haven't heard back. I guess he has been busy and hasn't been able to visit the island in a while.

So that leaves us with the following Semi-final line-ups:

World Cup
Palestine (1) v North America (4)
Sheffield (3) v Southwest China (7)

National Cup
Belgium (5) v Cornwall (8)
South-East England (2) v Coventry (6)

Scores are already in from North America

Postby chengdufan

Scores are in from North America and Coventry.
I'm playing tomorrow, hopefully will get all 5 frames in. Quietly confident of getting 2-3 good breaks and putting up a contest with Sheffield :-)

Postby chengdufan

acesinc wrote:I have sort of fallen off the Island a bit lately. Keeping really busy with work, mostly not getting in too much snooker as a result. In the little table time I have put in since summer, I feel like I have not played well. I always do better against my preferred opponent....my son....and he is of course home for the holidays now.

I have not seen any activity on the World Cup on the forums. Have I missed something? Clubs shut down so we are postponed at the moment? I don't know but anyway, with the boy home for a few weeks, I need to get my frames in now. I am pretty sure I am in a match with Pink Ball, but I don't know if we are supposed to wait until the other Semi-Final match is set? So if I have to wait, no problem, I will post new scores when time comes, but if I can post now then my scores for this match, 5 best breaks over 5 frames, are as follows:

If you can't take these scores now, just let me know and I am happy to re-record when time is right.

Thanks guys!

Pink Ball wrote:36, 29, 29, 21, 12

Top 5 breaks:

Palestine:
36, 29, 29

North America:
25, 22

Result:
Palestine 3-2 North America

Postby chengdufan

Congratulations to Palestine who are through to the World Cup Final (possibly for the first time in the nation's history, in any sport (happy to be corrected))

Postby chengdufan

I played 4 frames today and have another game set up for Friday to round off my frames. Very happy with my game today :-D

Postby rekoons

Hi Chengdu, I won't be able to get my 5 frames this week, too busy.
I hope maybe next week.
I don't know the deadline, but if necessary I'll forfeit to not let things drag on unnecessarily long.

Postby chengdufan

RunningSide wrote:Frame scores, 16 11 27 15 19.cheers.

chengdufan wrote:I played 4 frames last weekend and my 5 breaks to date are:
25 - Very pleased with this, my second 20+ break, matching my high break. It ran red-blue-red-brown-red-black-red-blue. At the end of the break, there were two reds remaining, both in tricky positions. I got as good a position on the red as I could (my cue ball control was very good throughout the break), but it was a tough one and one I don't normally get, so I didn't mind that I missed it.
16 - Simple red-black-red black at the start of the frame with balls around the black spot. I didn't get position on a third red.
12 - A good four-ball break for me with some medium-difficulty pots. I potted the third red, but the white went into the middle pocket heading back down to the black end of the table. I knew where the white was heading when I lined it up, but thought I could get enough bottom on it to avoid the in-off. It wasn't to be though.

chengdufan wrote:The best I could manage in my designated frame today was 6 :-(

Sheffield 3-2 Southwest China
27 | 19 | 16 - 25 | 16

Postby chengdufan

Congratualations to Sheffield who progress to the World Cup Final!

The final pits Palestine against Sheffield, two of the powerhouses of our times. Best of luck to both geographical entities.

Postby RunningSide

Might have to withdraw, injured left shoulder yesterday no mobility at all,waiting for GP advice, not looking good. Please continue without me no idea how long rest needed.

Postby Juddernaut88

RunningSide wrote:Might have to withdraw, injured left shoulder yesterday no mobility at all,waiting for GP advice, not looking good. Please continue without me no idea how long rest needed.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you're okay and make a speedy recovery asap.

Postby RunningSide

Appreciate the patience, possibly seeing Doc next week, I'll update with result. Thanks again.

Postby Prop

RunningSide wrote:Appreciate the patience, possibly seeing Doc next week, I'll update with result. Thanks again.

You have my sympathy, RS. Had a nasty shoulder injury myself a few years ago. Couldn’t play for 18 months. Hope yours is less debilitating!

Postby RunningSide

Wow,feeling devastated missing a few weeks, don't even want to think about 18 months. Injured myself lifting a crate from over head high, still think I'm 30 in my head, felt a twang and instant pins and needles.

Postby Prop

RunningSide wrote:Wow,feeling devastated missing a few weeks, don't even want to think about 18 months. Injured myself lifting a crate from over head high, still think I'm 30 in my head, felt a twang and instant pins and needles.

You’ve probably jarred a nerve. Take ibuprofen and rest!

I was lifting weights, shoulder dislocated in a big way, and I broke my glenoid (the socket). Surgery worked, but recovery was long. It was my bridge arm, which I couldn’t even lift fully above my head for about 6 months.

Postby chengdufan

Really sorry to hear about the shoulder Runners. Get better soon! Maybe it will give you some time to buy a new cue :chuckle:

Well, it did put me in a bit of a quandary as to what to do with the competition, but thankfully Pink has sorted that by confirming he'll wait. Cheers Pink!

In the National Cup, as Bad has gone awol recently I don't suspect he'll get his frame scores in for th match with Judders. We'll give him until Rekoons has played.
Once Rekoons' scores are in, we'll know who's in the final.
Judders and Yanfan have already submitted scores.

Postby RunningSide

More than happy to forfeit my place,you deserve a reward for recent incidents, hope my lack of posts recently didn't affect any of your decisions, I decided to say nothing incase it maybe aggravated the situation, Good luck if you decide to play,top man.

Postby chengdufan

RunningSide wrote:More than happy to forfeit my place

Not going to happen. How's the shoulder?

RunningSide wrote:hope my lack of posts recently didn't affect any of your decisions, I decided to say nothing incase it maybe aggravated the situation

Completely understand. Didn't expect you to post.

Postby chengdufan

Yanfan wrote:I made a mistake in the breaks I sent you.

I sent: 29, 25, 19, 17 and 16.

It should have been: 29, 25, 19, 17 and 15.

Not much difference, I know, but I like to have it right.

Cheers,

YT. :-)

rekoons wrote:Hi chengdu, finally my scores are in: 26, 25, 12, 10, 9

Very happy with the 25 (4 reds & 3 blacks) and 26 (final 3 reds with black + yellow. Missed a relatively easy green and Brown was also doable :( ) in consecutive frames.

Thanks for the organisation!

Cornwall 3-2 Belgium
29 | 25 | 19 v 26 | 25
Last edited by chengdufan on 19 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby chengdufan

Congratulations to Cornwall who go through to play Coventry in the National Cup final! And commiserations to Belgium who had the toughest of draws.

We now have the final line-ups confirmed:

World Cup final
Palestine v Sheffield

National Cup final
Cornwall v Coventry

Best of luck to all players!